This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gem for FKP mobility

Started by Keilani Gutierrez, November 12, 2013 · 26 Replies · 1,224 Views

KibboKift
TANSTAAFL said:

I mean, is mastery 90 on the palm side(i.e. palm straight up) or at the back of the hand/knuckle joint...'cause 90 comes much sooner at the back of the hand.

I think 90 degrees at the joint is best measured between the fingers and the back of the hand. The bones of the hand run parallel with the back of the hand, whilst the palm does not. None of the course videos seem to show any more than this.

 

Of course there is no reason not to strive for more ROM if you think you're capable of it - I like your suggestions here Keilani. I just think that there comes a point at which ROM is sufficient for the time being and we can begin building strength.

TANSTAAFL

Yeah, I was always looking at the palm. I didn't even think of it being the back of the hand :facepalm:. 

Progression awaits.