This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gem for FKP mobility

Started by Keilani Gutierrez, November 12, 2013 · 26 Replies · 1,224 Views

Keilani Gutierrez

Hey Fellas

 

I was playing around with a new lacrosse ball I bought and finally made the decision to roll my forearms and had a shocking revelation. 

 

I know everyone will have their own mobility discrepancy, but I found that rolling my wrist extensors and (this one I found odd) I'm not quite particularly sure how it's called but I found a distinct tight spot a quarter way up my forearm on the inside(when I open all my fingers, i see this muscle flexing in that area.) 

 

I released it, tested it with FKP and suddenly BOOM, magically an extra 10 degrees and lots of cracking ensued. 

 

just wanted to share to all the desk warriors. 

 

it'd be interesting to see how many are afflicted by this tight spot; give me your feedback, if you find this useful! 

 

 

wheezer

Omg Keilani! So excited to try this on next H1 day!

After manning the keyboard for 15 years, and working on FKP/PE1 for 9 months, I'm very happy for any boost that accelerates the road to 90 degrees. :D :D :D

Nautique163

You can also lay your arm on the ground and use your knee you Can put more pressure on it that way .Yuri showed me this one it works great.

Also Try doing regular push ups with just the tips of your fingers on a panel mat or a book increase the thickness as you get better .

Mark Collins
KeilaniG said:

Hey Fellas

 

I was playing around with a new lacrosse ball I bought and finally made the decision to roll my forearms and had a shocking revelation. 

 

I know everyone will have their own mobility discrepancy, but I found that rolling my wrist extensors and (this one I found odd) I'm not quite particularly sure how it's called but I found a distinct tight spot a quarter way up my forearm on the inside(when I open all my fingers, i see this muscle flexing in that area.) 

 

I released it, tested it with FKP and suddenly BOOM, magically an extra 10 degrees and lots of cracking ensued. 

 

just wanted to share to all the desk warriors. 

 

it'd be interesting to see how many are afflicted by this tight spot; give me your feedback, if you find this useful!

I have a sneaking suspicion you are reading Supple Leopard and having too much fun with the lacrosse ball ;)

jaz

Keilani, you're the tight spot Finder  :D

Thank's for sharing

Joel Tomkins

It's amazing how incredibly painful rolling your forearm but at the same time feel so good! I didn't even realise how much the upper forearm and wrist are actually inter connected until I read BASL and gave it a go!

swhitley

Whenever I'm bored in lecture or on a bus I always like to do Kit's finger sequence, 4min30 onwards http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMfW2kCkeE Looks like it would be ideal for FKP

Nautique163 said:

You can also lay your arm on the ground and use your knee you Can put more pressure on it that way .Yuri showed me this one it works great.

I've never felt I could get enough pressure with a lacrosse ball and my weight on a wall. This is perfect, and so painful....

Alan Tseng

it's pretty basic anatomy knowledge.  FKP is for knuckle flexion and extension, so of course releasing it would mean more mobility for FKP.  I've been doing these for months now

Ravn
Nautique163 said:

You can also lay your arm on the ground and use your knee you Can put more pressure on it that way .Yuri showed me this one it works great.

 

Did this, it's good, but somewhat creepy watching my fingers moving spontaneously - Possessed hand syndrome much?

IcedDante

Great advice- thanks for sharing

Sol Amarpreet

Can someone post a youtube vid showing how its done? We dont have/heard of lacrosse here in India so i dun understand. Thanks

Sol Amarpreet

Ty

Keilani Gutierrez

getting closer and closer. 

 

R Hand

post-3648-0-45267900-1393708713_thumb.jp

L Hand

post-3648-0-90973900-1393708726_thumb.jp

 

and the puppy is called Molly. :P

mlaen

I've also been improving this one.

left:

odESUDFs.jpg

right:

oH37iscs.jpg

Keilani Gutierrez

R hand - after hand sequence

post-3648-0-09571600-1393716514_thumb.jp

L hand - after hand sequence

post-3648-0-50460800-1393716525_thumb.jp

 

 

 

not bad.  B-)

Joel Tomkins

Ah man. I don't know if  I've progressed much with FKP over the last few months. HS/PE2 is going awesome but nowhere near as much progress for the mobility. Just keep at it I guess. Might go roll my forearm to try and squeeze out a little more ROM!

Keilani Gutierrez

just mastered mobility on FKP/PE1...what a personal milestone.  :D  hahaha 

 

moving on and testing upto PE3....man that gives cramps. forearm pump like crazy! 

mlaen

Pic or it didn't happen! :D

Keilani Gutierrez

B-)  only after a few hand sequences to get those last few degrees. :) 

 

R-Hand 
post-3648-0-51857700-1394338109_thumb.jp

 

L-Hand

post-3648-0-00452400-1394338157_thumb.jp

TANSTAAFL

Oh man, I was looking at these as the palm had to be 90 degrees... :facepalm: .

Keilani Gutierrez
TANSTAAFL said:

Oh man, I was looking at these as the palm had to be 90 degrees... :facepalm: .

these were done cold, TANSTAAFL. ^_^ no need  to panic. when i'm actually in my working sets, it's more limber

TANSTAAFL
KeilaniG said:

these were done cold, TANSTAAFL. ^_^ no need  to panic. when i'm actually in my working sets, it's more limber

I mean, is mastery 90 on the palm side(i.e. palm straight up) or at the back of the hand/knuckle joint...'cause 90 comes much sooner at the back of the hand.

Keilani Gutierrez
TANSTAAFL said:

I mean, is mastery 90 on the palm side(i.e. palm straight up) or at the back of the hand/knuckle joint...'cause 90 comes much sooner at the back of the hand.

at first, I aimed for it as long as there was a 90 degree bend on the fingers. not too overly concerned about it right now, since I  found out I can gain sufficient ROM when I get tight just by: 1. sifting tight spots in my forearm and massaging them thoroughly, 2. the H1 wrist stretches + a FKP stretch I do for an extra stretch 3. Kit's hand sequence. 

 

no need to worry until something happens where these tools suddenly don't work.