Higher jump and tighter tuck?

Started by georgel, October 31, 2013 · 1 Replies · 1,846 Views

georgel

This is my 3 month progression since I actually even started gym, so I'm open to any advice on my front and back tucks 

:)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/c0tdGs_mAy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>  

Rayne-William

Higher Jumps: Use your calves and tibialis anterior muscles not just your quadraceps. From there tighten your abdominals and the muscles of your butt.

 

Tighter tuck body position: To start off tighten your abdominals from there it depends on what you are doing tuck position for.

 

If for flips: tighten the upper back muscles and pull your arms in as they are wrapped around your lower legs.

If for fundamental static positions (FSP) just tighten your abdominals and hamstrings.

 

 

As a side note: I used to be a competitive spring board diver, used to do skating tricks off of rails, ledges,  and ramps wearing a pair of inline skates, and I have a forefoot running gait.