Hi guys
For years, I have been attempting to get started on seriously developing my middle split, but every time, my progress is derailed due to pain on the inside of my left thigh, near the knee, but not actually in the knee.
It feels very much like a sore tendon problem, and I know that Kit L has a youtube video about this very problem, where a partner rolls the area with a dowel, while performing the stretch. Sadly,I haven't had success with this approach.
I suspect that the reason may be a weak tendon which gets inflamed due to overuse. If this assumption is true, wouldn't it be a good strategy to (p)rehab the area by strengthening it? I've played a bit with a position where I lie on my back, legs pointed straight to the ceiling with ankle weights on. From here I would do straddles for reps to specifically train the inside of the thigh (what's the name of that muscle again?). It felt good, but I don't know if this is the way forward.
Does anyone have experiences they'd like to share?