Can anyone critique my workout routine ?

Started by Dan Jeong, October 27, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,741 Views

Dan Jeong

I do front lever, planche, HSPU, muscle up, Handstand Press training on rings and parallettes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and I usually do core (dragon flag, Hanging leg raises, L-sit) and cycle on tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays and I take Sunday off.

 

On Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I usually workout around 2.5 ~ 3hrs divided into 2 different workout sessions.

 

I've been following this template for the past 4 weeks and I can definitely feel the increase in strength but what do you guys think?

 

 

Bipocni

I think you may be running the risk of overtraining, but that depends on how well your body is conditioned to handle this kind of workload.  How long have you been working out and how many sessions a week did you have previously?

 

I also think you need more pulling exercises.

Guest

Kind of a lot like Bipocni  said, and not enough pulling (add 1-2 more).

 

Have you looked at the Foundation Series?

Dan Jeong
Bipocni said:

I think you may be running the risk of overtraining, but that depends on how well your body is conditioned to handle this kind of workload.  How long have you been working out and how many sessions a week did you have previously?

 

I also think you need more pulling exercises.

 

I've been working out my whole life but it's been only 4 weeks since I started this intensity. So far, my body's been handling them great.

Not sure what kind of pulling exercises I should add though. I did Advanced Tuck Front Lever Holds 14s*5, one leg front lever negatives 2*5, tuck front lever pulls 2*5, and a few sets of pull ups for cool down this week. Any recommendations? Should I just do more pull ups?

Bipocni
Dan Jeong said:

Any recommendations? Should I just do more pull ups?

Tuck front lever pullups are good because you're training a horizontal pulling movement, which is something a lot of people don't consider.

 

The coolest thing you could do would be to get a rope and start climbing it, but obviously that's not always feasible.  Using a towel to add an extra grip element is great, and you can use it to offset your pullups to start working on a one arm chinup.