This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Manna / Tuck-Up Form Check

Started by dynamo, October 20, 2013 · 32 Replies · 668 Views

dynamo

Keegan Y and maritaday,

 

In response to your earlier questions here is a video showing my Active Straight Leg Raises, Lying Flat Knees To Chest and Hanging Knee Leg Raises:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbMAcge2j4s

 

By the way I bought the stall bars in the video for F1.

Keegan Y

Dynamo,

To me it looks like you would be well served to work on your back flexibility. Your hamstring flexibility looks pretty good from what I can see.

And nice stall bars. :-)

dynamo
RiQC,

 

Thank you for the suggestion.  Doing some everyday may be the best way for me to break out of my rut and finally get past Week 1.  I'm going to look for some mobility drills or stretches to facilitate the movement as well.

 

It's weird that I was stable on every other exercise I ever did, but on this one I am so unstable, almost like I'm off balance and after 7 months of trying hard too.

 

Thanks for your help.

dynamo

KeilaniG, thanks for the encouragement.  I haven't given up yet, but it is very frustrating.

dynamo

Keegan Y, thanks for checking out the vid.  It's good to know my hamstring flexibility is OK at least for the level I'm at.  I do a 30 sec hold of standing palms to the ground every night which has probably helped my hamstrings in this regard.

 

I bought the stall bars from Bailey Mfg.  Can't wait to use them for the hanging leg raises, but I've got quite a ways to go first according to F1.

 

Do you have any back stretches you think might be helpful?

Keilani Gutierrez

you are currently re-constructing years of whatever is alreay built, so you need to also keep in perspective that if you're doing your job of enforcing the cues that will make bring about the exercises potency, your body will do the necesary changes to become more efficient at what you are practicing.

in that respect, remember that you have your part, but if you need to do anything additional, to do it: mobility, filming yourself and experimenting why you are not doing the PE like the athlete in the video, scrutinize the details and implement them. it is impossible not to see progress, assuming that we've done everything within our power.

you might need to do mobility work, you might need to "practice" the movement, you might have extremely tight tissues that havent been worked on ever.

Riku Calderón

Nice video! And stall bars!

dynamo
RiQC said:

Nice video! And stall bars!

Thanks.  The stall bars have come in handy.