This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 form check

Started by Eric Baum, October 15, 2013 · 13 Replies · 238 Views

Eric Baum

Hello,

 

I'd like some toughts on my form at SLS/PE2

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPQBpdC8Eho

 
I know my ankle flexibility is not really good, other than that is there any visible problem?
 
Thanks,
Baum
Joakim Anderson

It says the video is private.

Eric Baum

I'm sorry, just changed the video permission.

Joakim Anderson

Is your right knee (the one closest to the rings) completely locked? It looks slightly bent to me. If I were you I would give this one some time and work on getting more comfortable in the bottom position, stay down there and stretch in different directions, hold on to something until you don't need it anymore. And work on your ankle flexibility of course. You clearly have the strength, but you want to be completely comfortable in every part of the movement too. Atleast I do. :)

Eric Baum
Joakim Anderson said:

Is your right knee (the one closest to the rings) completely locked? It looks slightly bent to me. If I were you I would give this one some time and work on getting more comfortable in the bottom position, stay down there and stretch in different directions, hold on to something until you don't need it anymore. And work on your ankle flexibility of course. You clearly have the strength, but you want to be completely comfortable in every part of the movement too. Atleast I do. :)

Hum. I haven't noticed that rigth knee before.

I see what you are sayinng. I'll do some more days at this exercise to clean it up and I'll pay a bit more attention to that knee.

 

The small loses of balance at the bottom comes from me trying to put my entire feet on the floor without success.

 

I think the ankle flexibility has improved a lot since I started the SLS exercises. The way I see, it can be worked along the exercises progressions since it is not a must at the beggining but will be really necessary when it gets closer to the SLS itself.

twan

For mastering this element, do you have to do 5 * 10 reps each leg or 10 reps in total ?

FredInChina
Baum said:

(...)  The way I see, it can be worked along the exercises progressions since it is not a must at the beggining but will be really necessary when it gets closer to the SLS itself.

 

I am not sure about this line of thought Baum. I would (and I am) working on it right now. :)

dasede
twan said:

For mastering this element, do you have to do 5 * 10 reps each leg or 10 reps in total ?

I still haven't seen Coach answer this, but I'm pretty sure it's 10 reps each leg. Otherwise the deload weeks on 10 rep template wouldn't work because there would be odd number of reps. 5*5 reps would be too easy anyway.

Eric Baum
FredInChina said:

I am not sure about this line of thought Baum. I would (and I am) working on it right now. :)

Yes, I'm working on it and its progressing .

 

At first i struggled to complete the PE1 because of this, when it got better it become an easy exercise, then I struggled a bit with it at this PE2 because of this same lack of ankle flexibility, then it got better again and I got to the point I am now, where my left foot almost touchs the ground completely but the right foot is still not really good, but already enough for this exercise.

 

From my progression on this issue so far I think I can get both feet completely on the ground before the end of PE4 but in the case where I don't have any progress at all on this issue, it will get me stuck at SE2 where it is unavoidable.

 

As PE3 demands basically the same from the ankles as PE2 I feel like doing a harder variation won't be a problem, at least at the point where I am on the progressions right now.

 

dasede said:

I still haven't seen Coach answer this, but I'm pretty sure it's 10 reps each leg. Otherwise the deload weeks on 10 rep template wouldn't work because there would be odd number of reps. 5*5 reps would be too easy anyway.

There is a topic about this rep counting confusion here.

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13148-slspe2

 

Jon Douglas said it is 5 on each leg.

Jon Douglas

Unless it says otherwise, my understanding is that one left + one right = one rep on unilateral exercises.

:)

Eric Baum
Jon Douglas said:

Unless it says otherwise, my understanding is that one left + one right = one rep on unilateral exercises.

:)

Well, then I don't know it anymore :-)

In the other topic I sent, you just said that you count each side as a rep.

I'll redo it with the higher rep counting then. It can't be a problem :-P

Jon Douglas

Hmm.... sorry for any confusion. Don't have it in front of me so Im not sure about the wording.

Doesn't it say alternate directions with each rep?In which case just count up to ten total reps with alternating sides.

Eric Baum
Jon Douglas said:

Hmm.... sorry for any confusion. Don't have it in front of me so Im not sure about the wording.

Doesn't it say alternate directions with each rep?In which case just count up to ten total reps with alternating sides.

There is no problem, it can always be solved by doing it the harder way.

That is exactly what you said on the other topic, about alternating directions xD

Keegan Y

Coach Sommer has stated that it's 10 total reps for SLS PE2 (sorry, don't have time to search and find the quote ATM).