This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2

Started by Gym Kirk, September 29, 2013 · 12 Replies · 358 Views

Gym Kirk

I need clarification on what constitutes one rep. For the mastery, should it be bending each leg 5 times or 10? In other words, should I perform 5 on each leg to make 10 reps?

Guest

5 on each leg.

Eric Baum

5 on each leg?

 

If that is correct It will get a lot easier as I was going for 10 on each leg. =]

Jon Douglas

10 reps total, alternate directions with each rep :)

KingJR

why make it easier? Just go for 10 reps each leg!! be a beast!! :icon_twisted:

Jon Douglas
KingJR said:

why make it easier? Just go for 10 reps each leg!! be a beast!! :icon_twisted:

Also good :)

ausswe

Why do more tha neccasary when there are still more progressions after this one?

KingJR
ausswe said:

Why do more tha neccasary when there are still more progressions after this one?

Why do the bare minimum because it's the easy way? Why be in such a hurry to go through the progressions? I know I'm going to keep the same mentality for the rest of the progressions. I'm not doing these half-assed. I'm putting my all into this training. Every time I think it was too easy, I evaluate if I took a shortcut or not, ( did I use momentum, did I do a proper ROM, etc ) and if I think I did, then I'm not worthy of moving on to the next progression, or even the next weeks increased volume.

 

For some reason, whenever I think in a way similar to "YES!! it's only 5 reps" I can hear what I imagine Coach's voice is like telling me: "Oh you're happy it's 5 reps? sorry, it's 10 reps now..."

Jon Douglas

To add to ^, 10 reps for something like this shouldn't feel a whole more difficult than 5 reps if it's mastered :)

ausswe

It makes more sense to me to master the easier progression and then move onto something more challenging the easy option to me is adding more reps to an easier progression. Of course you work towards perfection before moving on but your time should be focused on progressing and if you like use the easier progression for a warmup and add a rep or 2 here and there if you are able to without hindering the main workout.

ace77

I also had confusion on the rep scheme for some exercises that alternated sides, as there are some that have an odd number of reps and alternate and some that have an even number and alternate.  This post helped.  I assumed with an even number it is total reps and with an odd number it is reps per side.  Let me know if this is incorrect.

 

Thanks!

CraigR
ace77 said:

I also had confusion on the rep scheme for some exercises that alternated sides, as there are some that have an odd number of reps and alternate and some that have an even number and alternate.  This post helped.  I assumed with an even number it is total reps and with an odd number it is reps per side.  Let me know if this is incorrect.

 

Thanks!

 

This post by Cole should help clarify how to count repetitions for different exercises.

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10177-repetition/?p=97926

ace77

Thanks CraigR!!