This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is F1 really challenging enough?

Started by Ystat, October 7, 2013 · 32 Replies · 1,164 Views

Joshua Slocum
KeilaniG said:

Hameed, his name is Nic Branson.

you may PM him and tell him what you like him to look at, if you want to take it a step further to ensure what you're working on is legit for the test the mini mastery tests are available

 

If you want a form check you should post the video in digital coaching. If you want a more official evaluation, mini-mastery or certification are the way to go. 

Burtchell345
Ystat said:

I appreciate everyone's replies. I agree, the pushups in F1 are much stricter and require more strength. What I mean to ask is if after 5 sets of 15 pushups, I give myself 5minutes rest and my muscles feel up to it, can I do another several sets of a different pushup variation? 

 

 

Today was my first day playing with the different elements. I have myself starting at the first level of each element at week 4. My worry is that at the end of my workout, following F1, my body did not feel as thoroughly worked. I assumed this was due to a reduction in the volume of my workout. Am I just overthinking this?

I felt the same way too. After being in the military and going through CrossFit, I used to think that a good workout consisted of crawling out the gym...that being said, I still do metabolic finishers for mostly power/endurance, for example 10min of alternating kettlebell snatches 5x10 per arm or kettlebell jerks 5x10 per arm. In the end though, this is GST, Gymnastic Strength Training™. There is a big difference in strength training and wearing the body out. One builds you u, and the other slowly deteriorates the body. In the end with strength training you should leave feeling good and stronger versus drained and exhausted.

Keilani Gutierrez
Joshua Slocum said:

If you want a form check you should post the video in digital coaching. If you want a more official evaluation, mini-mastery or certification are the way to go.

read it again and i should have been more specific, thanks for catching that Joshua
hameed
Joshua Slocum said:

If you want a form check you should post the video in digital coaching. If you want a more official evaluation, mini-mastery or certification are the way to go. 

Thanks Joshua.  When do you guys recommend this is done?  At the end of F1 or at the end of each PE?  (I'm interested in an official valuation for certification purposes)

 

Mini mastery is what exactly?

Joshua Slocum
hameed said:

Thanks Joshua.  When do you guys recommend this is done?  At the end of F1 or at the end of each PE?  (I'm interested in an official valuation for certification purposes)

 

Mini mastery is what exactly?

 

My recommendation would be:

- whenever you start a new exercise, take a video of yourself to check your form. If you're at all unsure of your form, post the video in digital coaching for the community to evaluate.

- once you've mastered an element/while you're on week 11 programming, take a video of one of your sets to evaluate your form again

 

Mini-mastery is a service offered by the GB staff. For $10 they will evaluate a PE/SE and it's mobility element and give you critiques. If you want an official certification, you film a whole bunch of PE/iM exercises and submit them all at once, and submit them directly to the staff for evaluation. 

 

See here for more info on certification and mini-mastery:

https://zp130.infusionsoft.com/app/storeFront/showCategoryPage?categoryId=38

hameed
Joshua Slocum said:

My recommendation would be:

- whenever you start a new exercise, take a video of yourself to check your form. If you're at all unsure of your form, post the video in digital coaching for the community to evaluate.

- once you've mastered an element/while you're on week 11 programming, take a video of one of your sets to evaluate your form again

 

Mini-mastery is a service offered by the GB staff. For $10 they will evaluate a PE/SE and it's mobility element and give you critiques. If you want an official certification, you film a whole bunch of PE/iM exercises and submit them all at once, and submit them directly to the staff for evaluation. 

 

See here for more info on certification and mini-mastery:

https://zp130.infusionsoft.com/app/storeFront/showCategoryPage?categoryId=38

Thanks.  So the official certification is essentially for everything - not just F1.  Did I understand that correctly?

Cory Fair
hameed said:

Thanks.  So the official certification is essentially for everything - not just F1.  Did I understand that correctly?

 

Each certification test is roughly 1/2 of a course. So Level .5 is PE1-3 of each F1 element & mobility, Level 1 is PE4-6, etc. You can reference the Strength Chart at the bottom of the Introduction for the breakdown. 

dritar

F1 is as challenging as needs be. Stuff you find easy you'll progress fast till you progress to an element that isn't easy and that'll make you progress. Stuff you find difficult to do, you'll stay there for longer.

 

It's like a Peter principle applied to workout programming.