Do not attempt this.

Started by Daniel Burnham, October 2, 2013 · 32 Replies · 8,885 Views

MT Nordic

Saw this video on Beast Skills this morning.  I must say i initially had the same reaction, and still do, that it is a risky exercise.  It looks like it would be very beneficial if not for the risk involved.  I figured he'd be in a squat cage or something where it would catch the weight if it fell.  He's obviously an impressive hand balancer, but as for the rest of us, the title of this posting still holds!

Patrick Smith

He should make it "functional" by doing it on a balance board.

FredInChina
Patrick Smith said:

He should make it "functional" by doing it on a balance board.

 

While drunk, on a boat, during a storm, on one hand, tied up, blind folded, with someone tickling him.........  :P

Bipocni
Patrick Smith said:

He should make it "functional" by doing it on a balance board.

Personally I wont be impressed until he does it on one hand...

Eric Baum
KeilaniG said:

I want to run away and join the circus. 

Who doesn't? =]

Joshua Slocum
Baum said:

Who doesn't? =]

People already in the circus, for one. 

Joel Tomkins

Yeah this popped up on Facebook, and I thought it was pretty unsafe too until I saw one of his other videos:
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSD5f7fy3Oo


The side lever is when I realised this guy probably knows what he is doing. Oh and the effortless rope climb!

Alan Tseng

That exercise is pretty much an overhead squat