New Here

Started by unncommon, September 28, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,793 Views

unncommon

Hey guys, I'm new to this whole GST thing, but I've been doing calisthenics for a little while and I was doing Olympic lifting before that, but I started off with free-weights.

I don't have the money to get the F1, but I'm seriously looking forward to starting it A.S.A.P..

Today I started working (the way I imagined that I should work) for F1 and H1:

 

20lb Static diamond push-up

20lb Static push-up

20lb Static "flare" push-up

 

20lb Static c/g chin-up

20lb Static chin-up

20lb Static pull-up

 

20lb Static single-leg squat

20lb Static calf-rises

20lb Static squat

 

1 rep (except calfs) 3 sets

 

So am I on the right track or is there something else I could do?

 

P.s., does anyone have a nice core workout I can do around the house?

Riku Calderón

Hi, i think that it is best to just do what you find best for your gols for now.

After i can i recommend to buy F1 it's golden. I have a new drive to my workouts after i started F1 again 3 weeks ago.

I only stopped for awhile cause of few broken bones :(

Bipocni

I'd suggest getting some rings and doing your pushups on those instead of worrying about diamond pushups or flared pushups.  Neither of those will help you build much strength.  Try doing pushups while keeping your forearms vertical if you want to make them harder.

 

For core work around the house, start with basic arch/hollow holds and v ups.  Try some L sits if you want a real challenge.