This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090220

Started by Coach Sommer, February 20, 2009 · 6 Replies · 1,371 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090220.jpg

Complete four rounds:

10 depth jumps

30 seconds jumping Graduated SLS

30m tire/sled sprints

notes:

1) Rest up to 30 sec between individual exercises.

2) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

3) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high (smile), bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

3) Graduated SLS are found on BtGB, pg 160. Simply add a jump to the movement described. There should be no pause between repetitions. The repetitions should be continuous.

4) Prior to the jump, make sure to bend the knee no further than 90 on the jumping graduated SLS.

5) Perform 30 sec of jumping SLS on EACH leg prior to moving on to sprints.

Jason Stein

4x:

10 depth jumps @ 52inches

30-seconds/ea. jumping Graduated SLS

30m tire sprint

Blairbob

I missed last nights as I took the night off from just being sore all over, especially in the shoulders and some joint pain in the right hip so I'll be doing Thur and Fri tonight finishing with OLAD BS since I skipped that last night as well because of the hip pain.

As well, I won't be at the gym tomorrow so I won't be able to do sled pulls.

Laney

Today was a rest day, so I will do today's WOD this weekend. Did yesterday's, here is what I did:

Complete 3 sets of each:

Embedded BL (1-2 reps) + Front Lever Rows (3-5 reps)

(Tucked BL x1) + (Tucked FL Rows x3)

Embedded PL (1-2 reps) + XR PPP Plus (3-5 reps)

(Frogstand x1) + (XR PPP Plus x3 - "plus" was a tiny hop)

Embedded FL (1-2 reps) + HLL V to L (3-5 reps)

(Tucked FL x1) + (HLL V to L x3 - knees bent)

Finish with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

(Started to do bridge wall walks, lower back is a little out, it hurt, so I stopped after 3)

Later: 5x500 meter row

2:15, 2:08, 2:07, 2:09, 2:04

I posted a video on my blog of me doing my very beginner level tucked back lever..

Blairbob

Missed writing down the 2-3m of rest per round so it turned into a sort of metcon. In any case I was getting hungry after doing Thursdays WOD first. About 9 jumping pistols per leg each round. Used a 5 foot box to jump off. Ugh, fell back on rep 1 round 4.

Attached a jump rope to a gymnastics box and pulled it 50 feet back and forth.

Forgot bridge walks, did them at home.

Used 2x5s straight back lever, 5r horizontal body row on rings since tucked front lever pullups weren't gonna happen. Used tuck planche 5s that was low first two round but failed halfway through and switched to straight arm frogstand. Forgot to hop out of the pushup on rings. Used advanced tuck with hips and knees at 90 degrees 5s and did hang L to V fo 4r. Harder on shoulders than abs because of shoulder flexibility.

Jason Stein

Xi Xia just posted a shot from Friday's GB WOD.

http://www.crossfitportland.com/archives/1317

We couldn't really build a higher box due to ceiling height.

XX is the guy on the farthest right. He is doubtless contemplating the L pull-up, and why it is torturing his soul.

jason