Foundation one and H1 questions

Started by EvolutionarySideSteps, September 24, 2013 · 4 Replies · 9,977 Views

EvolutionarySideSteps

I searched the forums and read quite a bit on the foundation and handstand courses but nothing that really adressed my question so I decided to post. 

I´m considering the foundation one course and was planning on combining it with some barbell stuff as well, maybe some "abbreviated" Wendler stuff. As far as i read, this is perfectly doable with F1.

But then I noticed recommendations that H1 be taken simultaneously as F1 and all these evil "mixing program devils" started fussing about in my head... :)

As far as I read F1 takes about 20-40min a session. But how about H1? How time consuming is a session of the handstand course?

I dont have the time to spend many hours in the gym, plus the fact that recovery will probably be an issue so I have the feeling F1 + H1 + Barbell stuff will be too much and I´m better off choosing between either H1 or Barbell work to accomodate F1?

But again, I´d very much like to hear peoples experiences. How long does a session of H1 take in general and is there room for more work when doing both H1 and F1? 

Bipocni

H1 doesn't take very long at all.  Maybe 5 minutes for the joint prep at then 10 minutes for the balancing work.

 

F1 + 5/3/1 would rock.  I'd do it myself if I had a barbell.  Just use the F1 work as the assistance lifts.  Don't try to get smart with it.

 

I also wouldn't recommend it unless you had some practice already with barbell lifts.  I'd run a cycle of Starting Strength if you haven't got any experience.  (I'm sure you do, but for anyone else reading this.)

EvolutionarySideSteps

Thanks for the feedback. It starts sounding very doable! I guess the only thing preventing me from combining F1 and H1 woulde be my financial situation, which is kind of a hole in the ground at the moment............. :)

On the other hand, it gives me some time to try out and get accustomed to F1 + 5,3,1.

Thanks again!

Bipocni

Keep us posted how that works out for you.

EvolutionarySideSteps

I will! Just purchased F1 yesterday, so I guess you´ll be stuck with me for a while... :P