Just a quick question regarding the proper form of ring dips.
When dipping in a "normal" fashion on the rings, I can bang out the reps pretty easily. But upon reading the BtGB description of ring dips performed properly, it seems to state that the hands should be turned out at a 45 degree angle throughout the full range of motion. The only reason I'm asking is that in the picture series depicting the proper execution of a ring dip, the athlete begins with the rings turned out at a 45 degree angle, but in the bottom position, the rings appear to be parallel to the athletes torso. Just trying to get some clarity here. Today I struggled through 5 sets of 5 reps attempting to maintain that 45 degree turned-out hand position. When performing them with the rings parallel to my body in the bottom position (and turned out at the top), I can manage around 20 consecutive ring dips.
As always, any help would be appreciated!