People are asking questions - https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/12972-what-and-where-can-i-buy-rings/
Just a reminder, what can we do about this Coach? BTW, did you get the mail I sent last Thursday?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cole Dano, September 15, 2013 · 13 Replies · 57 Views
People are asking questions - https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/12972-what-and-where-can-i-buy-rings/
Just a reminder, what can we do about this Coach? BTW, did you get the mail I sent last Thursday?
Below are the potential alternatives for cam buckle straps I mentioned
Patented self Tightening design, logo an option;
I contacted them, they will give 30% discount for 1000 units, they didn't answer my question regarding load rating. Will find out upon your feedback.
Traditional design, w/ stainless steel option, fast turnaround, easy heat embossed logo
http://www.strapworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SSCS1PEWSC
They will give at least 50% off for our qtys...
If either of these options is of interest, next step is order a sample and get firm order qtys and then price quotes.
Very nice Cole and well done!
What are the current prices you have received from rollercam?
I have worked with strapworks previously, however while the quality was good their prices were 10 times higher than my overseas manufacturing for regular cam buckle straps.
I have a little time to skype this morning if you are available.
I don't have figures yet for the roller straps, the rep asked me to call him. However I saw an online price of about $12.5 w/ 20' straps so about $8.75 with discount, but not including the logo. Of course that's very ball park atm. If it works out, I like this option as it is totally unique to our industry, and gives reall added value.
The stainless w/ 18' of strap were about $10 to us not including logo. They also have standard buckles for less.
In both cases, I imagine we can negotiate better prices with qty.
I can get specifics for you now that I know you are interested.
Do you want a sample of either?
Spoke with Eric Simonson, the owner
- Sample straps should go out today
- He will be releasing a second generation roller buckle in 90-120 days
- Branding option is to custom weave the straps, this has a long lead time, about the same as above.
- In the meantime we can also have a label sewn on, and use the current generation buckle which have a 1100lb breaking point
- He will not print on the straps, he doesn't like it, not good for the straps.
I'm waiting for him to send prices further details.
May be best option, assuming positive reaction to the samples and decent prices, would be to order a smaller batch to tide us over, and then aim for the second generation buckle and woven logo strap. The repeating pattern would also be a nice visual reference for estimating ring height.
- what are the advantages to the second generation over the first?
- 1100lb breaking point is per strap? If so, 2200lb for the pair is more than sufficient for our purposes.
- What is the breaking point of the cam buckle itself?
- What additional cost does branding incur?
- please begin using your c.dano@gymnasticbodies.com email address for all GB official correspondence.
- main advantage is strength, the strap will fail before the buckle, I see no need to wait because
- 1,100# is what he quoted for the current the buckle!
- He wasn't able to give me prices for the branding when we spoke, but will send them
- If we go sew on label, the cost should be minimal. Even there we have options
A tag like on clothing
A patch, would look quite nice, and should still be quite economical.
Lifeline uses a patch and it looks very professional http://www.lifelineusa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/j/g/jgxt.jpg
It may very well be a better option for us then woven in the strap branding
A quick update,
- The sample straps are on the way, should be to Coach by Monday
- It occurs to me, that if these are successful, out competitors are going to be jumping on them too. Is it a good idea to talk to Roller Cam about exclusivity?
The samples have not arrived.
According to his mail, they went out last Thursday. Hopefully they are just slow in coming.
Nothing came in today?
No.
Please contact them today. Not a good first impression.
Agreed
RollerCam is telling me tracking shows they have been delivered.