questions about foundation 1 program

Started by laverada000, September 9, 2013 · 7 Replies · 2,984 Views

laverada000

Just looking for more information about the programs you offer. My first question is if special equipment is needed for the exercises. Right now i'm limited to the local gym. Also I'm recovering from a bad accident and mainly looking to get my overall strength back, I wanted to get back into break dancing and just looking for a good routine to follow. Can your programs do that for my situation?

William

Welcome laverada,

 

for F1 You will need a mat or something like this, Rings(You also can put them on a Pull up bar or Y use towels for beginning), barbell(not much weight here) a stall bar(Y can use a playground as well) and something to lay on with your upper body(i use my desk)...as You can see, improvisation is the magic word :)

 

Like the name tells You, F 1 is helping you to build a strong basement for following tasks, i think for break dance too.

I trained on rings for a while now, felt strong, could do some hard stuff for this time, but last week i tested out where to start in F1, nearly everything i have to start from the very first step, but it's ok, except 2 things.

You will get strong abs, legs, back...and mobility! Means you will get stronger, safer, more sustained, healthier, more flexible when you are willing to follow the programm. But nutrition is up to ;)

 

Hope that helps you!

 

 

Grütze,

William

Bipocni

Later on you'll also need parallel bars and a straight bar with overhead clearance.  You'll probably need a decent rope to climb in F3.

 

If you have a relatively decent playground near you it will have everything you need.  Just look for one with monkey bars and a ladder.

 

Given that the program lasts a really long time (years at a minimum) you'll always be able to get more equipment as you need it.  The first priority would be to get rings as you'll be using them from day one.

 

Even if you decide F1 isn't for you (and I'd recommend buying it, reading it thoroughly and trying it out before you decide) I'd still recommend you get rings.  Everyone who is serious about their strength training should have rings.

Keilani Gutierrez
laverada000 said:

Just looking for more information about the programs you offer. My first question is if special equipment is needed for the exercises. Right now i'm limited to the local gym. Also I'm recovering from a bad accident and mainly looking to get my overall strength back, I wanted to get back into break dancing and just looking for a good routine to follow. Can your programs do that for my situation?

depending on the nature of your injury, it can help. 

 

i've sustained a number of injuries (wrist, shoulder[actually the first dislocation was when i was bboying], spine, pelvis, knee and ankle) 

 

i've done no specific rehab or prehab ever since my first injury(at 12-13yrs of age) and i've been kind of stuck on some progressions, on the other hand, they haven't done more damage than what I have already done. you'd probably benefit from a few focused stretches depending if they're needed or at least alligned with your goals. 

 

hope you find it helpful and hope for your thorough recovery :)

laverada000

wow, awesome I really appreciate the help guys...also does F1 cover flexibility and stretching as well? I'm huge on stretching and It is my base for any kind of training.

Keilani Gutierrez
laverada000 said:

wow, awesome I really appreciate the help guys...also does F1 cover flexibility and stretching as well? I'm huge on stretching and It is my base for any kind of training.

tricky question because for hamstring flexibility for example, i havent sat down to do a passive hamstring stretches since Jan and my hamstring flexibility has been maintained and slightly improved. i sit every on e in a while and check how it is and after a few breaths and contractions, my head is touching my knee.

now as for stretching per ce, i do a few stretches to address my problem areas and also a few stretches found in the H1 iM's.

all of the integrated mobility makes you as flexible as you are strong in that ROM. it's done wonders for me :)

Cole Dano

I'd also like to interject that if you are a breaker, this is THE program you want to use, there is simply no other program that is as well rounded and designed for cary over to arts like breaking than this.

Aadil Siddiqi

Yeah, Foundation, Handstand and Movement will be especially useful for you.