F1+H1+rock climbing...possible?

Started by langdon0555, September 5, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,416 Views

langdon0555

Hey guys, was interested in purchasing F1 and H1 but had a question?

 

I just started to indoor rock climb some...I enjoy it a lot and would like to do it 1-2 times a week.  I was also in integrating F1 and H1.  I have not purchased them yet but wanted to see if it would be possible to integrate all 3 of them in a workable template/structure??

 

Any rock climbers out there already doing F1 and H1 along with climbing?

 

Thanks

Vincearoo

Yeah, definitely doing that. I always give priority to foundation though. I'm doing

Monday - foundation/h1

Tuesday - climbing and mobility

Wednesday - off

Thursday - same as Monday

Friday - same as Tuesday

Saturday - light day of climbing or foundation

Sunday - off

langdon0555

Thanks for the feedback Vicearoo...

 

How long do your foundation/H1 days run as far as time wise?

Vincearoo

Foundation/h1 typically takes about an hour. When the sets/ reps are low it takes a shorter amount of time, I used to be able to do foundation in 20-30 minutes

3bears

Depends also what kind of climbing...If you're going to dyno while bouldering, use campus boards, etc (all the leg-less work), that's going to need some real recovery time...regular (roped) climbing is more like an endurance workout for the forearms and lats. Regular climbing is kind of like good cross training for "heavy" stuff. But I assume you're not going to do much leg-less stuff (you're not supposed to anyway if you're starting)

Alex Chubb

I don't do F1 or H1 but I do train about 6 hours a day but still manage to get some climbing in weekly when the mood hits. Handle your recovery well.