This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is there an ideal schedule?

Started by Sven Ravnstag, September 4, 2013 · 27 Replies · 1,774 Views

Washienko

Over the past year, I have gone from training F and H 6 days a week, to 4 days a week, to 4 days spread into a 5 week cycle, to 3 days a week.  I feel that slowing down my training gives my body time to adapt.  It also frees up time to hammer the things that need work - like mobility.

Coach Sommer

This is the normal course of adaptation.  As the body's capabilities and the subsequent training loads used increase, less exposure to 'higher' intensity work and more focus on recovery/mobility is more productive.

 

'Skill' work on the other hand benefits greatly from more frequent exposure.  I personally find that I prefer to lightly visit 'skill' work on a near daily basis; if only to hold a single 60s HS.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Micawberian
Coach Sommer said:

I personally find that I prefer to lightly visit 'skill' work on a near daily basis; if only to hold a single 60s HS.  

 

 

Maybe this is not the correct place, but I am curious to know how your gymnastics abilities have been affected by age? What are you still capable of?

Perhaps a separate essay for the future...