Hand & Arm numbness

Started by Guest, February 16, 2009 · 2 Replies · 4,441 Views

Guest

Has anyone ever experienced numbness in the hands or arms after doing Back Levers?

I have progressed up to doing the Back Lever - Half. After completing a hold, say for 10 seconds, I feel tingling in my arm and hand.

I assume I'm pinching some nerve while performing the hold.

I have never had any problems with the Back Lever - Tuck or Back Lever - Adv. Tuck progressions?

I'm thinking of dropping the back lever for a while and just doing front lever progressions..

Coach Sommer

You are straining too hard during the half back lever. With this skill I doubt that it is a nerve impingement issue, but you are probably simply restricting the flow of blood through excessive exertion. I would recommend dropping your static hold time in half until you adjust to the new position.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Guest

Thanks Coach! I will do just that. I will reduce the hold time from 10 seconds to 5-6 and increase the number of sets to complete a full 60 cycle.