This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Congratz Jon "The Charm" Douglas

Started by FredInChina, September 2, 2013 · 37 Replies · 1,181 Views

dritar

Congrats man. I'm sure you would have nailed level 1.

xray

Congrats charm!

Is there any word when the next US/Arizona seminar is?

Christian

Every May and September.

Cory Fair

Don't know where to start with all the great people... Orench and Coach Sommer are completely class acts, not a bad word to say about them... special thanks to Cory for being strict in a constructive way and being an instrument of stretch torture magic...

 

 

 

 

I imagine you'll never touch a climbing rope again without hearing "the rope goes all the way to the ceiling" in your head. :)

 

 

Seminar format was a day of F1 work, barely hard at play. I admit I was a little disappointed that evening, but have read those courses kind of a lot.

 

 

 

I want to clarify this point publicly. Seminars from this point forward will have breakout groups assigned by certification level rather than self selected. As such, we are including a free level test in the tuition cost. It is up to you to take advantage of it prior to the seminar if you want to work harder material. Otherwise, you will be assigned to your current level (or .5 if none) regardless of whether you are a stud or not. This is to ensure that development is well-rounded and objective. There are far too many individuals who simply ignore their weaknesses so much that they become blind to the fact that the deficiencies even exist. 

 

Summary: Seminar Tution = Free courses, free level test, and hands-on instruction from Coach himself.

Keilani Gutierrez
Cory Fair said:

 

 

 

I imagine you'll never touch a climbing rope again without hearing "the rope goes all the way to the ceiling" in your head. :)

 

 

 

 

I want to clarify the point publicly. Seminars from this point forward will have breakout groups assigned by certification level rather than self selected. As such, we are including a free level test in the tuition cost. It is up to you to take advantage of it prior to the seminar if you want to work harder material. Otherwise, you will be assigned to your current level (or .5 if none) regardless of whether you are a stud or not. This is to ensure that development is well-rounded and objective. There are far too many individuals who simply ignore their weaknesses so much that they become blind to the fact that the deficiencies even exist. 

 

Summary: Seminar Tution = Free courses, free level test, and hands-on instruction from Coach himself.

 

oh wow. that is amazing....the rope climb worries me a bit...a lot...i won't be able to sleep at night from now on.

Jon Douglas
Cory Fair said:

I imagine you'll never touch a climbing rope again without hearing "the rope goes all the way to the ceiling" in your head. :)

I want to clarify the point publicly. Seminars from this point forward will have breakout groups assigned by certification level rather than self selected. As such, we are including a free level test in the tuition cost. It is up to you to take advantage of it prior to the seminar if you want to work harder material. Otherwise, you will be assigned to your current level (or .5 if none) regardless of whether you are a stud or not. This is to ensure that development is well-rounded and objective. There are far too many individuals who simply ignore their weaknesses so much that they become blind to the fact that the deficiencies even exist.

Summary: Seminar Tution = Free courses, free level test, and hands-on instruction from Coach himself.

Cut me some slack, that was my first time climbing a rope :P I wanted to try it while I was there.

I hear in my dreams you yelling 'Now do a cirque!' Why is it so much harder to climb down than up?

I didnt mean to sound ungrateful, thats all more than reasonable. Just trying to give my honest objective impression for others pondering making it. Perhaps a better way to put it was that I was lulled into a false sense of security by day one's more tutorial-esque format before swinging into the more demanding physical work. In retrospect it was excellent to have the luxury of three days to break it up.and cover a lot of detail, I just arrived with a lot of nervous energy.and raring to burn it off :)

Craig

Congrats Jon!

Art Vandelay
Cory Fair said:

 

 

As such, we are including a free level test in the tuition cost. It is up to you to take advantage of it prior to the seminar if you want to work harder material. Otherwise, you will be assigned to your current level (or .5 if none) regardless of whether you are a stud or not. 

 

 

 

So we send in videos of level tests prior to, and are not tested at the seminar? Sounds pretty good. I assume more info will be released shortly for the upcoming seminars?

 

30 more days til Canberra :angry: (game on face)

Aadil Siddiqi

Nice!!! 

Leo Trinidad

Congratulations Charm! time really flies.. :) Good stuff Jon.. Gotta save up for the seminar.

Question about mastery testing, do you test all seven elements with minimal rest in between each element?

Keilani Gutierrez
Leo Trinidad said:

Congratulations Charm! time really flies.. :) Good stuff Jon.. Gotta save up for the seminar.

Question about mastery testing, do you test all seven elements with minimal rest in between each element?

30 secs per sets, if im not mistaken

MT Nordic

Very nicely done, Jon. And I'm particularly impressed with you taking the long view on your progress. You're very philosophical about it. You're a good influence on us! Keep up the good work.

Markus Klein

Congratulations Jon.

 

Btw: Very nice write up about the seminar.