This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Congratz Jon "The Charm" Douglas

Started by FredInChina, September 2, 2013 · 37 Replies · 1,181 Views

FredInChina

A new ribbon and a first level Foundation.... Congratz Jon. :)

Would you like to share how it went?

How was the seminar?

gohei_

Congratz  :)

Jon Douglas

Thanks. Will just repeat what a couple others have said-- I truly think that 0.5 and 1 are going to take the longest. Once you get that grounding in mobility especially everything will accelerate.

Do yourselves a favour guys and go to a seminar--- it makes the whole rationale of Coach's approach clear very quickly. You need this is you want to pursue, if only so you get an idea of the true finished product you are working towards. A lot more makes sense with the curriculum.and approach now.
Don't know where to start with all the great people... Orench and Coach Sommer are completely class acts, not a bad word to say about them... special thanks to Cory for being strict in a constructive way and being an instrument of stretch torture magic...

Seminar format was a day of F1 work, barely hard at play. I admit I was a little disappointed that evening, but have read those courses kind of a lot.

Day 2 was half handstand, half movement work. I did very basic work indeed, while the stronger guys were flying everywhere :) After Yuris hs morning I had real trouble taking my shirt off to shower that night-- raising hands above head. All doubts about intensity were gone at that point.

Day 3 ring strength. Yep, Heath is a machine. He's incredible, and we saw his non-routine ring strength series of the moment. Zach was amazing too with the straight arm work. Yuri was nuts on ring hs and yes taanstafl, we all saw his meathook.
Some other people tested up too, but Im not going to steal any announcement thunder :) just big congrats to those three, they earnt it.

Oh, and yeah. Hungarian, guys. Hungarian. Its coming... Looming like a menace on the horizon. Train hard to be ready for it when its released, because we weren't :) and I personally will not be for kind of a while.

Huge thanks to the group, you all made it extremely rewarding and memorable. My head is spinning, my notebook is full and i can't feel my traps.

FredInChina

Thanks Mr Douglas for this wonderful write up :)

Jon Douglas

:)

I wish i could tell you more! Its all so COOL! Hurry up guys, we all need to get stronger so we can start having real fun with it!

wheezer

Great work Jon!

 

All these seminar write-ups get me so excited about progressing further through the progressions! :D

 

I hear what you mean about acceleration. Even working up to 0.5, I'm already starting to notice how movement progress can accelerate as strength/mobility increases. The more I do, the more tangible all the real gymnastic movements seem. Pleasant surprise, as I thought it would slow!

Hercules

Well done Jonf! Glad you had.... fun?

 

I recall Daniel Burnham said something like F1 will take the longest. But after that, things get faster.

Richard Hamilton

That's fantastic news Jon... good job!:)

Christian

Great work! Congratz. Making next year in Arizona a priority.

Mats Trane

Congrats Jon! You are so right, the feeling coming out of a seminar is the best! So much inspiration!

MarcinTrybalski

Another amazing step ! Congratulations Jon :)

Ravn

Wow, nice ribbon, sounds like a great experience.

 

Congrats!

federicoC

Congratulations!

LateStarter@46

Well done Jon!

 

Loved your posts above, thanks - it all helps with motivation. I've just come out of the gym and want to go straight back in again.

 

Now lets see that perfect form dislocate  :)

Anto.T

Sounds awesome! Well dude. Gotta get myself to a seminar

Bro'

Congrats !

I think I remember you saying somewhere that you were going to test to level 1 or even 1.5. Do I recall correctly? If yes, were you just allowed to test for one level or did you think you would be crushed by so much testing after the three days?  :D

 

I'm kinda sad I was broke for the London seminar not too long ago, but hey, I've just noticed there's one next January. Probably a good idea to go super early bird!

B1214N

Congratulations Jon on your GB athlete certification!

Mark Collins

Well done Jon. First Aussie?

Jon Douglas

Thanks all.

Bro' -- Time constraints mostly. Cory picked up an issue in my planche work too that probably would have kept me out of it. Its my opjnion that if you aren't willing to test at a drop of a hat you probably haven't mastered it.

Mark-- Briefly :) until the upcoming seminar I expect!

Alessandro Mainente

Good job man!

P5yx

Congratulations Jon!

Keilani Gutierrez

congratulations, Jon! #fistbump

chobbs

Great work Jon! I am really excited to hit up another seminar and see how it has changed from that very first one.

 

- Chris

Michael S.

Congrats Jon!! Nice work :-)

MvdB

Congrats, Jon! Great work!