This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Montreal

Started by Steel438, September 2, 2013 · 38 Replies · 3,541 Views

Charlotte Greenwood

For the programming, it all depends on where you all are in the GB program. My suggestion is that we combine some GB programming with some accessory work tailored to peoples weaknesses. The main thing is that we train together, that we can cue each other, spot each other and push each other to perform and make progress. 

what I include in my regular gym classes is : dynamic warm up with scapular activation. Then I do some core work, followed by straight-arm/bent-arm work. At the end we have some time to practice a skill and then we MOB. Thats all in 60mins. So if we did 90mins, we can definitely get a good chunk of GB programming done. 

 

I can also do thursday night at 20h00-21h30 at a stretch. 

or thursday mornings at 10am also could be possible.

 

which do you all prefer for a time to train?

Charlotte Greenwood

Are any of you Montreal GB-ers going to the Rhode Island seminar on the 11th-12th October in a few weeks? Im looking for company to drive down there. 

 

Let me know if you're planning to go and we could hook up...its more fun driving with others!!

Peter Lavoie

Hey Everyone!

 

Just joined GB a month ago, really enjoying the training. Are these meet ups still happening? If so, when? I'd love to join in with the group. I've been to Cap Op before, a great spot to practice at!

Charlotte Greenwood

Hey Peter,

I'd would be into having a group of people to come practice and train GB foundation at CapOp. We never managed to find a common time that worked for enough people. If you are interested in training GB at CapOp let me know. We would need a group of 4-6 to make it financially worth it, otherwise it's the cost of a private $60 p/hr

MMMarc

Hey Charlotte...

 

I'm still down for this. I'm thinking though: "is there not already some people at CapOp who would want to do this?"

Perhaps it would be easy to arrange if some of the folk already training there bought in too... Maybe there's a message board?

 

Thoughts?

Peter Lavoie

That's an interesting spin on it Marc. Are you already teaching gymnastics at CapOp Charlotte?

As a potential date for starting these meet ups, how about friday December 12th? It's a Friday, we could meet in the afternoon, or evening if most people interested work in the pm. We could hang out, figuratively and literally, and talk about how frequently we would like to make this happen. I have a buddy who might be interested to join us who isn't signed in on GB yet. I could also send a shout out on some movement exploration pages on facebook that are based in Montreal.

Charlotte Greenwood

Ok so were starting to get somewhere with this... Yes I do coach gymnastics at CapOp. We have classes 4 times a week. I think it would be constructive to meet on Friday the 12th. I finish at 8pm. So if you can meet me at CapOp then we can talk over the technicalities of getting a group together, and how it could work for everyone. I'll see if we can get Mathieu there too. He's the owner. Although it might not be necessary at this stage. Saturday classes finish at 2pm so we could do a Saturday afternoon meet up, or on some Fridays after 8pm. I work at 9am on Saturday morning though, so I don't like to get home too late in Fridays. Well talk more about times etc on Friday. I can make it this Friday the 5th at 8pm if you guys can??

Charlotte Greenwood

Also yes there may well be interest from CapOp members who can't make the other classes during the week. I like that idea

Charlotte Greenwood

I think it's just a question of setting a time when we meet a week ahead of time and that people commit to that time so we know there's enough people.

Charlotte Greenwood

Then people can reserve their spot during that week. The CapOp gym classes fill up REAL quick so it could work well like that.

MMMarc

Now were talking. 

I'm unfortunately not available  these two Friday's (*blame office xmas parties*) but if you want to loop me in after the fact via this convo that would be perfect.

Charlotte Greenwood

Roger that!

Peter Lavoie

Awesome!

 

This Friday doesn't work for me either but it's on for the 12th. After the new year, a Saturday meet up would be good for me as well!

I know Math, we gave some food conferences together a few years ago. You and I have hung out a few times as well Charlotte, at CapOp and Landmark :)

 

Looking forward to making these gymnastic meets a regular thing, and hopefully this will create some momentum for us to get Coach Sommer to visit and lead a seminar!

Josee Filion

Hey Charlotte I'de be in for training with all of you.  We could also meet up at our Gym- Caveman Strong.  Please let me know if you're interested.  Let's not beat around the bush and pick a date, location and make it happen :)