This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Montreal

Started by Steel438, September 2, 2013 · 38 Replies · 3,541 Views

Steel438

Anyone in Montreal?

 

I'm a newbie who will start the program in the coming weeks.

DeeMan

Hey there! Just started myself, although I moved from Montreal not too long ago :( In Calgary now. However, I might be returning sometime this winter, I'll hit you up if I do! Hopefully we'll be a bit stronger by then too ahaha

wheezer

Ahh Montreal is my favorite city in the world! (in July at least)

 

Might be there next summer.

Eric Baum
wheezer said:

Ahh Montreal is my favorite city in the world! (in July at least)

 

Might be there next summer.

Yeah. I stayed in Montreal for 2 months. It's an amazing city. I'll go back there someday =]

Bob Leves

I'm in Montreal!

MoveFirst

I live in Montreal also. I have been training since 4 1/2 months now. Working on all Foundation and just started on Handstand 1.

Manzanita

Just started with the FOUNDATION 1 and HANDSTAND package. In Montreal and would like to train with other people

MMMarc

Where abouts in Montreal is everyone. I'm close to downtown/plateau.

Manzanita

I'm at jean talon / saint hubert. Looking for a place to train, people to train with, and looking into setting up an installation at my apartment, which is large enough to do so.

Charlotte Greenwood

I'm in Hochelaga Maisonneuve, (Montreal east-side). I've been training Foundation and Handstand 1 since a seminar I did in August. I work full-time at Crossfit CapOp, and I teach Gymnastics there 3 times a week. If you are interested in grouping up to train together, let me know. Possibly we could set something up on a regular basis at CapOp. We have space, crash mats, rings and enough olympic bars to set up imitation sthal bars. 

Charlotte Greenwood

Question: What are the credentials to hosting a GB seminar with Coach Sommer in Montreal at the gym I work at Crossfit CapOp?

 

I know people who missed out on the seminar at Caveman Strong, Cornwall, in august who would be very interested in participating in a seminar if it could be held in Montreal.

 

Thanks

Cole Dano

Once you know the gym is interested in hosting a GB seminar, then the best thing to do is contact Orench Lagman, who is currently arranging our seminars.

 

o.lagman ( AT ) gymnasticbodies.com

MMMarc

Would most definitely be interesting in both checking out the installation @ CapOp + potentially the seminar, contingent on pricing/timing.

Manzanita

Charlotte I would be in for sure

Charlotte Greenwood

Marc, thanks for your interest. It's totally possible to organize a visit to CapOp.

Where are you based? You can send me a personal GB message too if you want.

I'll be emailing Orench (thanks for the ref- Cole) about the possibilities if hosting a seminar at CapOp.

Were open Monday-Friday 06am-8pm, Saturdays 09am-2pm.

www.crossfitcapop.com

MoveFirst

I'm in for everything!!! I have almost everything at my clinic, but we could do a training also at your place. I have a training downtown all week from 8 to 7pm, so if you want to train. Just tell me I could pass by after. 

Charlotte Greenwood
Charlotte Greenwood

Great, theres already 3 people showing interest to train together. 
MoveFirst - wheres your clinic, and whats it called? is it a gymnastics training center? how much would it be for a session there?
 
Otherwise we have interest from :
MoveFirst
Manzanita
Marc Codere Dussault
 
At CapOp if we could get a group of 4-6 (+ me) it would be very affordable. If there are more of us even better. 

 

Anyone else in Montreal interested in training together ? 

-MR

I met Charlotte at the Cornwall Seminar; I'd highly recommend training with her if you get a chance. Not only is she a beast with an impressive athletic background, she's also an interesting person who's fun to hang out with. 

Steel438

Whoa, I completely forgot about this thread. I haven`t started yet since I couldn`t find anyone at the time.

 

Whatever you guys/gals do, I`m in. What`s the plan? 

Trey Stone

I'm from Montreal and I'm in also, I need a place to work out this winter, I have a 30 ft rope I could bring.

Charlotte Greenwood

Thats great to hear. 

@ Steel438: the plan is to find a group of people interested and committed to come train Gymnastics Bodies programming together. So far there seems to be 5 people +me. If there are more people interested we can have more. 

 

MoveFirst
Manzanita
Marc Codere Dussault

Trey Stone

Steel438. 

 

The location I'm proposing is the gym where I work - Crossfit CapOp. Its : unit A, 2242 rue LaRivière (corner Partenais), Montreal, H2K 4P8. (map below)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/CrossFit+CapOp/@45.530658,-73.557681,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x8af0aa62dad09f44

 

Please let me know the following:

1) can you come there to train (east end of Montreal. Metro Frontenac- green line).  

2) when are people available? 

I would propose Saturday afternoons, at 14h30 for 1 1/2 hr. 

(Warm-up, Programming, cool down/ accessory work)

 

*** There are other times available in the week too but it might be better to see if theres a popular time first. 

 

Regarding the 30ft rope, we haven't got very high ceilings in the gym, I think its 15' tops, so you could bring the rope but most of it would be on the floor!  :P

MoveFirst

I could come this week, but it's far from me in Laval for the moment. 

 

For the rope, I'm sure that nobody is at Foundation 4 for the moment. 

 

Thank 

Charlotte Greenwood

ill be out of town this saturday afternoon, so i think the earliest we could start something up would be next saturday 27th september. 

 

Regarding the Cost: for 1 hr is $60, 1 1/2 hrs  is $90 (to cover the cost of using the space and having me be there as a coach). Split between 6 people will keep the cost down to $10 for 1 hr, and $15 for 1 1/12 hr, for everyone and make it more accessible. 

 

What time frame do people prefer: 60 mins or 90 mins??   its for you guys...

MMMarc

Probably can't make it that time round...but still interested nonetheless.

 

What sort of programming are we looking at? The GB programming directly? or else?

Manzanita

Hey all,

 

Sounds great Charlotte. Definitely cool with the location and price, and would prefer 90 min.

 

For the time/day however, i work from 1pm until 5pm on saturdays. On the other end of town at that. I could do it either earlier (at 10am) or later, (6pm) which seems less ideal.

 

Otherwise i work mostly in the afternoon / evening, so most any mornings or early afternoons are good for me. I could also perhaps free myself for an evening, failing all else.