Newbie seeking information

Started by Steel438, September 2, 2013 · 3 Replies · 1,957 Views

Steel438

Hello to all,

 

I'm 28, male and not in shape (at all). 

 

Recently, I had the opportunity to watch some video of a lady in her 80's, who's still able to pull off some impressive gymnastic moves.

 

It obviously sparked my interest and now I want to start doing gymnastics.

 

My questions:

 

1) In terms of products offered on this website, what is the difference between ''Foundation One'', ''Foundation Series'', ''Foundation Two'' and ''Handstand One''. Where do I start?

 

2) Can I do these exercises at home or do I have to sign up at a gym to use their equipment?

 

3) Does this training program comes with a specific diet?

 

 

Many thanks, 

Ravn

Hi!

1: Foundation series refers to Foundation volumes 1-4. At present, only volume 1&2 have been released. Start with Foundation 1 (F1) for strength and flexibility and handstand 1 (H1) for balance and (extra) flexibility. If you're the least bit serious about this project, work H1 and F1 concurrently. Don't worry about F2 until you are about to finish F1, which won't happen in a while, if you are as unfit as you say you are :)

2: you can do both. Training at home requires a bit of equipment like a set of rings, yoga mat, and an adjustable dumbbell. Most of the stuff can however be improvised using a table, chairs, nylon tape etc. See the equipment section for further info.

3: No specific diet. Go to the nutrition section on the forum, where you'll find advice on, well, nutrition. Or just chill out and eat sensibly, you can always get into the nutrition stuff later, for now you'll be plenty busy getting acquainted with F1/H1.

Welcome!

Steel438

Dear Ravn,

 

I very much appreciate your accurate and quick reply to my questions.

 

It is very kind of you sir.

 

Kind regards,

Ravn

You are too kind, sir!  :)