Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

King of the Forum: Who Can Take Down Nigel?

Scott Malin

Alexander Svensson

it's the distance between your hands if they are hanging at your sides, right underneath your shoulders. :)

Or if your arms are pointing straight up, right above your shoulders  ;)

10 kg bar. Don't know distance, will try to measure the bar next time. I held at the mark on the bar.

Quite easy, but tried 12,5 kg and didn't make it up back from behind. Should get it with some training.

Nice and smooth style Christian!

I'll try to break my 8 kg in a couple of days

Keilani Gutierrez

Or if your arms are pointing straight up, right above your shoulders ;)

smarty pants :P

OK I did my first attempt today with 10 kg and 80 cm wide grip... I think i could do more but i had no more weights to give it a shoot.

Will try again in next few days and i hope i can push this challange further  :D

I originally thought that it was going to be judged by weight and distance, but after reading Jon's comment, realized I was wrong! The 15# in my previous video was tough for that width, but was relatively easy at a wide grip. Tried 20#, got it. Here is my 25# (11.4 kg) attempt (which I completed):

Here is my 16 kg attempt... I did lean a bit on my way back, but i hope it is not to much. My grip is 95 cm wide.

8 x 1,25 kg  ...db weight

1 x 6 kg kettlebell

-------------------------------

total: 16 kg   :D

Gorjan Trivic

Urlacher, your video is on private. If you put it on unlisted, only we can see it because you provided the link :)

Sorry, I have changed its status in unlisted.

Nigel Leeming

Wow, I go away for a few days and everyone's gone ballistic. I am beginning to find this a little easier and I'm doing 3 sets of 6 reps with 6kg. I just managed 8kg at 1m separation which felt OK, no straining. Samira just rocked out 5kg. I was shocked, as that was my best a few weeks ago, and she's only 9.

I'm really impressed by the recent efforts, it goes to show how much better we can get pretty quickly with a little focus.

Nigel Leeming

I've changed my method slightly. I was rolling my shoulders back too early, so now I leave them rolled forward for longer into the lift from behind. It got me a couple of extra kg, so I'm up to 10.4kg. I did lean forward a bit trying to crank it over, so I'll post when I get it cleaner.

• Upvote 1

David McManamon

My right shoulder was lightly tweaked from 360 degree skin the cats on rings but now it is feeling good so I gave this a try.  I wrapped my only available 25lb weight to my steel pipe and tried the 30lb combo and could pull forward but not back.  Great exercise I'll keep doing and probably look for a correct weight to start with, fun to learn to engage through this range of motion.  I didn't measure the distance.

To anyone who has done an inlocate or exlocate, what does it take?

I have a pretty strong german hang (body perpendicular to ground) 5x30s, and my narrowest, unweighted dislocate is about 50cm. It seems like a pretty cool element, I just don't want to hurt myself, or begin training it too soon.

This type of inlocate, as demonstrated in Josh Naterman's video:

Where is natterman these days? Haven't seen him post for sometime

Last I heard cardiology internship and study load was keeping him fairly busy. He drops through occasionally

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to get 15kg under control this/next week. 20kg is my longterm weight goal with these; I dunno about beating Urlacher because wow, but I'm going to pile up the reps at 20 when I get it :)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
Keilani Gutierrez

updated submission

Width: 29.5in
Weight: 21.5lbs

edit: video is currently uploading