Length of daily workout

Started by gogy, August 23, 2013 · 9 Replies · 3,281 Views

gogy

I am interested how long should we devote for workout if we follow foundation 1, training plan, as for me I can do all exercesises in 20-30 min (without warmup), since you have just for example 3 exercises, with 5 reps, it goes trough very fast. 

I need help where to start, since I am doing sports for 7 years, and gymnastic type of exercises for several months. 

 

all best

Flameous

Is there something wrong with having short workouts? Don't stare at time you spend training but the results. 

You can always add extra mobility, stretching and cardio.

Fit-Bull90

If you are following Foundation 1, you can calculate the time pretty accurately, provided you only use iM for rest. It also depends on which week you are.  5 reps goes fast yes, but 60 or 30 can take some time :) Overall the workouts are relatively short, since there should be no rest times between sets. 

Jon Douglas

Shorter and more time-efficient is better for strength and conditioning IMO. I look at it as done quickly to get results, thus leaving me more time for skill training.

Joshua Slocum

- Now's a good time to get into the habit of building a solid warmup habit. As you progress to more and more advanced GST, the warmup becomes more and more crucial. Personally I spend 20-30 minutes just doing cardio and mobility work to get warmed up for the day. 

 

- Consider taking up some skill work. Try some basic tumbling (forwards/backwards rolls, cartwheels, etc). 

 

- Do some mobility and stretching work after your strength work. 

 

- After strength but before stretching, go for a 30 minute run, or do 15 minutes of leg-dominant HIIT. 

Jon Douglas
Joshua Slocum said:

- Now's a good time to get into the habit of building a solid warmup habit. As you progress to more and more advanced GST, the warmup becomes more and more crucial. Personally I spend 20-30 minutes just doing cardio and mobility work to get warmed up for the day.

Risking a derail...

I realise at your level your warmups are more difficult than my workouts but how does the general structure go, if you don't mind? Does it vary much depending on what you're training that day?

Joshua Slocum
Charm said:

Risking a derail...

I realise at your level your warmups are more difficult than my workouts but how does the general structure go, if you don't mind? Does it vary much depending on what you're training that day?

I've got a 'core' warmup that I do every day. First some trampoline/basic tumbling/running around to get my blood flowing and my temperature up. Then some stretching/mobility (a lot of it is stuff you've already seen in F1/2), and then some basic strength/skill work. I wouldn't really say it's harder than an F2 workout, though. 

Jon Douglas
Joshua Slocum said:

I've got a 'core' warmup that I do every day. First some trampoline/basic tumbling/running around to get my blood flowing and my temperature up. Then some stretching/mobility (a lot of it is stuff you've already seen in F1/2), and then some basic strength/skill work. I wouldn't really say it's harder than an F2 workout, though. 

And then specific based on what you're doing in that session, I imagine?

Joshua Slocum
Charm said:

And then specific based on what you're doing in that session, I imagine?

Yup. Floor, for example, I'll spend a bunch of time warming up my ankles (comparable to the H1 work for wrists), then do some roundoffs and handsprings to keep my form up to shape. 

gogy

Well I just enjoy having long workouts, I usually do warm up, than F1 workout I started at week 7, than I do some exercises which I feel like, than I do streching in the end. I do cardio workouts later in the day separetly. Sometimes I just practice on rings. So I am mixing up a lil bit with F1 and rings.