What should I do if I can pass the PE mastery requirements, but not the iM? Should I just repeat week 11 until I can perform the mobility requirements?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Mobility - Limiting Factor
Started by Cody Ward, August 22, 2013 · 7 Replies · 305 Views
You could do that... or just repeat the last microcycle. Your body will probably thank you for the time in the underload phase.
Which mobility element(s) are you struggling with?
I can't do SLS/PE1>iM (skiers) as well as the athlete in the video. They aren't too bad, though. Maybe a week of doing them and I'll have them down.
But, sPL/PE1>iM (swivel hips) is killing me. It's gonna be a while before I can get mastery on these... ![]()
I'd plan on a bit more than a week ![]()
What have you been doing in terms of stretching? ![]()
Well, I already have both side splits and middle split, full pancake, full pike stretch, bridge, etc. So several of the mobility elements are already easy for me, however, swivel hips....
Idk, how long it's going to take.
My hips apparently don't like internal rotation.
I tried some this morning for fun and my hips popped, lol. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Sounds like you're quite flexible. Google 'Kit Laughlin Using table support to stretch piriformis' and see how you get on with that...
Just go for a cycle - combined with deck squats, skiers helped my legs feel better.
As for swivel hips, take a look here:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/12477-mastery-of-splpe1im-swivel-hips/
I practiced the lying knee to knee stretch and Ido Portal's squat clinic (google both) regularly before getting F1 so had pretty good rotational mobility in the hips.
Richard Hamilton said:I'd plan on a bit more than a week (...)
LOL... ![]()
Practicing understating Richard ![]()