So my copy of BtGB showed up on Monday. Excellent, my only complaint is that it wasn't released until i was 30 years old. Why couldn't you have published this thing sooner, Coach? Anyways, I don't like switching up my routines too much but i decided to anyways based on the book. I think a lot of the stuff I was doing wasn't going to transfer towards my goals, i.e. planche, handstand, etc. I'm doing 5 of the static holds, the manna is just plain too hard right now, mostly at the basic levels. I purchased a pullup bar, i forgot how fun it is to hang around trying different levers. One issue is that all the doorways in my house are less than 31 inches so doing the wide grip pull up behind is not possible. I tried it with a narrow grip and was thwarted. Any other good bodyweight traps exercises?
Heres the basic routine:
warm up with a yoga routine
static holds for up to a minute-planche, l-sit, straddle-l, back lever, front lever
pressing- pseudo straddle planche push up, pike push ups, chair dips
pulling- rows, chins
core- v-ups, RLL (headstand), windshield wipers, HLL, german hang pull
What I like the most about BtGB is that exercises are so fun. I teach yoga and am always looking for new ways to add strength building elements. The static holds seem to be it.
Still working on the advanced frogstand.
Thanks everyone,
AH