Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the Dynamic Physique real ?

Deins Drengers

Joshua Slocum

Someone mentioned that coaches athletes have a specific warmup that they follow.  By the time we get to say, Hungarian, is there going to be a standard warmup that we should perform before we do the days work?

Their warmup is pretty similar to the warmup recommended in Foundation, except it's longer since they're doing more and harder work. Without giving anything away, it involves some cardio to get the blood flowing, a bunch of mobility exercises and some basic strength exercises. 

Tristan Curtis

It ruins Christmas if you know what the gifts are ahead of time.

Coach, I think you're enjoying this just a little too much.

• Upvote 1

Jaros?aw Ruszkowski

What comes at end of R3 and R4? and Movement1,2, and 3?

You'll be able to fly and do ABR sprint for 100 m  ;)

• Upvote 2

F3 and F4 are coming out before any other series. While Movement 1 might be more level appropriate for most people, we do honor our word by putting priority on a series we've had preorders for.

So if M1-3 come out next year and F3 and 4 will be released before those, does that mean F3 and maybe F4 will be released this year?

So if M1-3 come out next year and F3 and 4 will be released before those, does that mean F3 and maybe F4 will be released this year?

There have been hints to this effect, but Cory is a wily un and won't explicitly reveal anything :)

Based on a couple of his recent posts I'm now checking daily for an F3 announcement.

Chris Aldersley

I just realized that RC/PE2 mastery is only 10 reps!  I thought it was 15!  

RC PE2 is 15 reps. Damn, I thought for a second there I had already mastered it. PE3 is 10 reps.

And yeah, they've said F3 is definitely coming out well before the end of the year, with F4 soon after (before the years end as well). 

FREDERIC DUPONT

I just realized that RC/PE2 mastery is only 10 reps!  I thought it was 15!  

Easy on the mushrooms Steve... :P

• Upvote 2

Sven Ravnstag

Double posts, Fred?  Someone might take their own advice ;)

Hey, it may have been a weak shot, but a it's what I could come up with in the moment.  As an interesting aside, I did part of my undergraduate work at UNC Asheville, so I'll plead the Fifth on the subject of experimental mycology.  

And I mean PE3.  I make at least one error every time I write down a schedule from Foundation.

I like the pe's with less than 10 reps because for some reason I just can't build up endurance.... The first few pes are so freaking easy I could do them if I had malaria but only for 6-10 reps after that I just fail...... I mean I can do fl/pe5 for as long as I can do fl/pe1 with good form but only up to around 20-30 seconds then they both seem to fail.

Christian Nogueira

I just noticed that H2 doesn't list H1 as a pre-requisite ? Assuming that H2 is about preparation for press handstands can one assume that one can start working on it earlier than the point where one has a perfect 2 minute handstand ?

... mind officially blown! rlz4ib.png

Of course.  Were we not just discussing the entire curriculum?

5-7 years is actually quite reasonable.  I have done it before from scratch in only 4.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

determined-challenge-considered.png

Hey! So am I, and I'm Danish as well! Small world...

What d'ya know - so am I. (Danish)

Small World indeed, nice to see Danes represented. You never know, could lead to a training meet-up sometime...

• Upvote 1

I still find it hard to imagine myself having proficient ring strength in 5 years time.... Super exciting to think about also makes it harder and easier at the same time to not skip ahead. Easier because k owing if I follow this strictly ill get there but harder because I'm now more excited to do the harder stuff.

I just noticed that H2 doesn't list H1 as a pre-requisite ? Assuming that H2 is about preparation for press handstands can one assume that one can start working on it earlier than the point where one has a perfect 2 minute handstand ?

Yes, but I expect there's only so far one will get without requiring at least a passable handstand :)

Kate Abernethy

Since we're dividing into tribes  :)  would Nigel, Finnbar, and others consider being members of The Lions (Eng/Ire/Sco/Wales) ?

Connor Davies

Since we're dividing into tribes  :)  would Nigel, Finnbar, and others consider being members of The Lions (Eng/Ire/Sco/Wales) ?

You know, I've lived in England and Wales for like, 5 years now, and I haven't seen any lions anywhere.  Are you hiding them all up in Scotland or something?  Wouldn't it be too cold for them?

• Upvote 1

Kate Abernethy

You know, I've lived in England and Wales for like, 5 years now, and I haven't seen any lions anywhere.  Are you hiding them all up in Scotland or something?  Wouldn't it be too cold for them?

You're right and we shouldn't copy rugby - how about The Faeries  :)