ewethestuff said:I predict Cory going crazy with the workout planner
Hahahahahaha~
Started by MrPuppeh, August 14, 2013 · 203 Replies · 78,968 Views
ewethestuff said:I predict Cory going crazy with the workout planner
Hahahahahaha~
ewethestuff said:I predict Cory going crazy with the workout planner
LOL - too funny! ![]()
This is exciting. I'm a little shocked that Coach even gave us this glimpse of what's coming though. Must have been a good day at the gym ![]()
The fact that one can start R1 after F2 makes the 5-7 yr timeline more plausible for the non-fossilized among us. There's also the mutants like Charm who'll likely complete it in 3 years.
What does the Movement series touch on by the way? Is it the mobility/stretching section of the GST course that is not covered in F and H?
I can't wait; can you guys believe that we've been working through F1 for 7 months now?
Movement is dynamic strength: it builds explosive power. An example of a very basic dynamic strength exercise would be the clapping pushup.
-MR said:I can't wait; can you guys believe that we've been working through F1 for 7 months now?
Only two for me, and I'm still blown away by the strength and physique changes I've noticed...
I am so glad I am going to the Canberra seminar.
Now if I can only master arch rocks and bent hollow body rocks. Surely arch rocks has to be one of the hardest but most important components to master.
My reaction: ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE STUFF!!!!1
It will be interesting to see where I stand when I am only ~30 years YOUNG which is for me after 10 years of Coach's material ![]()
Love it. Like many of you guys I got F1 when it came out and I trained diligently for a couple of months, seeing good progress in many exercises (and yeah, I definitely identified some deficiencies as well
)
Then life got in the way somewhat (I got married, went through some changes at work, lots of other stuff) so I put F1 on the backburner for a while. I was just getting ready to give it a go again now that the proverbial dust has settled a bit
and BAM! here comes Coach S. with some super motivational posts that make me all the more excited! Love it.
I turned 39 yesterday. My first goal is 'getting ready for life after 40' (inspired by FritsMB) following F1, F2 and H1 and after I turn 40 we'll see if Coach is right about those 5-7 years ![]()
I'll give you a little preview of what is forthcoming. This will hopefully serve as a wake up call for those of you who have been taking a very casual approach to their Foundation training.
The GB University curriculum;
Note: ALL of the following courses have already been photographed and filmed except for R4 and the second half of H3. Now all of you need to work harder and master Foundation so that I feel comfortable releasing the new courses. Note that I said 'master', not sloppily rush through.
It is interesting to see that your dynamic mobility warm-up routine that you use with your athletes isn't listed as among the forth coming products? Does this mean this is only available to seminar goers? It would be nice to release a 30 min camera footage 'instant download' of your athletes going through their daily dynamic warmup.
Something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM8xv4ZCsqE
Thanks
INA said:
It is interesting to see that your dynamic mobility warm-up routine that you use with your athletes isn't listed as among the forth coming products? Does this mean this is only available to seminar goers? ...
At this point in your development, you are far better served following the iM programming in Foundation and Handstand.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
I hope I can finish these by the time I finish high school, and seeing as I'll be starting now, it isn't an unreasonable goal.
This is seriously exciting stuff. I still feel like a wimp in the PE1 or 2 progressions in everything save for SLS, but I'm already enjoying an amount of strength and movement control, not to mention body composition, that have my friends ready to toss out their usual routines and follow me to the gym. Just the other day I knocked out a couple strict muscle-ups on a ledge, and I've never even tried them on anything but rings, nor do I train them at all.
Now Coach has given us a glimpse of the shadow of the rest of the iceberg and I can hardly even imagine the magnitude of possibility. I'm also curious how much of a time commitment this could amount to if I can potentially work on 4 corequisites at once. But whatever the case, I'm not stopping where I stand now.
Coach Sommer said:Now all of you need to work harder and master Foundation...
Back to arch body hold for me!
And waiting for bones to knit...
Aadil Siddiqi said:I hope I can finish these by the time I finish high school, and seeing as I'll be starting now, it isn't an unreasonable goal.
Best of luck with that. Either way you'll be the strongest guy there...
I am sorry guys for being way ahead of you all, but I'm already on Hungarian program, since I live and train in Hungary ![]()
Ãdám Ficsór said:I am sorry guys for being way ahead of you all, but I'm already on Hungarian program, since I live and train in Hungary
Coach you need to hurry up releasing this material! I'd love to tell the Hungarians I work with that I'm on a "Hungarian" program.
Seriously though, where does that name come from? Is Hungary renowned for it's gymnastics or something?
Coach Sommer said:Of course. Were we not just discussing the entire curriculum?
5-7 years is actually quite reasonable. I have done it before from scratch in only 4.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
We were, but It is good to have a 100% unambiguous answer. I was not sure whether that referred to Foundation alone, or what. With the fully integrated program in place, training will be a lot more fun! Looking forward to the full product line ![]()
INA said:
It is interesting to see that your dynamic mobility warm-up routine that you use with your athletes isn't listed as among the forth coming products? Does this mean this is only available to seminar goers? It would be nice to release a 30 min camera footage 'instant download' of your athletes going through their daily dynamic warmup.
Something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM8xv4ZCsqE
Thanks
Daniel Burnham is one of the few people here who would not be crushed by the warm up.
Your best use of time right now, like Coach said, is to warm up according to F1 and H1 protocol. I will suggest that if you add pike, straddle pike, and hip flexor stretches as your cool-down, between that and everything you do in F1/H1 you will honestly have a pretty complete program in terms of strength AND flexibility preparation.
You can always get those stretches done at random points in the day as well. Flexibility and mobility are, in some ways, more important than raw strength in GST... particularly as you start climbing the strength ladder. If you don't have access to the ROM (range of motion), you can't build strength in that ROM.
Joshua Slocum said:Movement is dynamic strength: it builds explosive power. An example of a very basic dynamic strength exercise would be the clapping pushup.
Thanks for the info Josh, that ends up being even more exciting.
Bipocni said:Seriously though, where does that name come from? Is Hungary renowned for it's gymnastics or something?
I don't think thats the case. We're pretty much average. I'm very curious too where is this name come from.
This is very exciting news.
SuperBru said:This is very exciting news.
It is isn't it. I'm just imagining what my schedule is going to look like working Foundation, Handstand, Rings and Movement all in the same week....
I don't even have the capacity to work F7 three days a week....
Bipocni said:It is isn't it. I'm just imagining what my schedule is going to look like working Foundation, Handstand, Rings and Movement all in the same week....
I don't even have the capacity to work F7 three days a week....
It's not so bad when you think it over. I imagine the rotation will gradually become something more akin to the WoD schedule, but with everyone on the same page as to Foundational work capacity, basics, and tools (exercises) to implement it. You'll get your rest days because you'll be busy swearing about another element.
And that's 'advanced beginner'.... >.<
I was hoping someone else would be 'That Guy' but is there an expected release for Movement 1? Many people here, me included, would love to begin the full integration (since rings looks a year or three in the future). Or do you not deem this community ready for the work load of three courses simultaneously? I completely respect your opinion if that is the case, I am merely curious.
Coach Sommer said:These exercises are a part of the Movement Courses (1-3) which are scheduled to be released in 2014.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer