Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the Dynamic Physique real ?

Deins Drengers

Deins Drengers

Some time ago i read that someone posted that there is going to be a new book "The Dynamic Physique" - a book by Coach Sommer where the explosive exercises take place.

Does anyone have any info on this ?

I would be really looking forward to it as it would be a part of my GST to learn list

Alexander Svensson

That was way back when they were planning on releasing Handstand Chronicles, Liquid Steel™ and a book about Ring training. But since the release of the different courses it would seem the original plan has changed.

That was way back when they were planning on releasing Handstand Chronicles, Liquid Steel™ and a book about Ring training. But since the release of the different courses it would seem the original plan has changed.

More that the original plan has been expanded to make achieving the highest levels easier. You guys often forget that Foundation Series is just the grain of sand to the entire beach.  :)

• Upvote 9

I must say this is exciting stuff! I better get my act together if the movement series comes out next year. Is the movement series going to be dynamic work ring work or both?

I must say this is exciting stuff! I better get my act together if the movement series comes out next year. Is the movement series going to be dynamic work ring work or both?

I'd imagine it'll branch into an integrated Rings, Movement and later handstand work :)

Joshua Slocum

It's a pretty good bet that the movement series will focus on dynamic work. Especially given that a separate rings series is already planned. 

Connor Davies

It's a pretty good bet that the movement series will focus on dynamic work. Especially given that a separate rings series is already planned. 

I was going to ask about this as I saw coach post in another thread that a rings series was in development.

It's good to know that both an explosive and a ring series are in the works, but I'm hoping that it doesn't turn out like BtGB did, with the separate volumes never being released.

Mind you, I'm happy with F1-4. I'm not really looking for anything more than front lever, straddle planche, manna, human flag, rope climbs, hollowback press and whatever squat variations exist in F4.

I'm convinced Foundation is the greatest program out there, and I can't believe that there can be enough left out for two programs...

Keilani Gutierrez

actually...there's still the next installment of the handstand series and all the courses include Liquid Steel™ integrated as well ^_^ so we're getting a lot.

imagine what else these guys could have cooking :o

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

We can't forget about the fact that Handstand 1 is actually, Handstand "ONE"... The first book, that don't have any press work or similar...

A lot to digest and practice, I think :D 

Good good news ;)

Coach Sommer

Wow. Interesting.

Interesting?  I have just given you a glimpse of the GST holy grail and you respond with 'interesting'?!?   :facepalm:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 17

AWESOME!!!  Thanks for letting us in on the master plan!  I need to increase my capacity so I can be working on F3, M1, R1, and H1 at the same time when I get there!

Oh man, there's pretty much no chance of me ever getting to a seminar :( Regardless, if progress in F1 continues coming as well as it is currently (which isn't hard if you follow the programming), then I shouldn't struggle to make the prerequisites for some of the higher courses.

Coach Sommer

Coach, what is "Hungarian"? Sounds pretty badass considering prerequisites.

It is very badass.  

And I am also not going to tell you (unless you happen to be at a seminar).  Let's just say that my senior athletes have been performing it for over 12 years at least once or twice a week and they still get uptight about it the night before.   :icon_twisted:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 6

Gotta start to work to be able to visit one of your seminars.

Ouch, sounds like me before doing high rep leg work, but I imagine that it's some elite skill or sequence of exercise that will test your physical and mental strength.

Alexander Svensson

Interesting? I have just given you a glimpse of the GST holy grail and you respond with 'interesting'?!? :facepalm:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I did not mean it in a bad way. I am looking forward to all future material but since I am still at the very bottom of both F1 and H1 I see no reason to get overly excited yet when I need to focus on the task at hand.

• Upvote 4

Addendum--

Now I don't know whether I want M1, F3 or H2 to come out next. Hmmm... head down and train till then i guess!

Briac Roquet

Wow, indeed, it IS exciting. Seeing the interconnections like that is very interesting. I had imagined the Rings series would be after Foundation, but now I see that if you've finished F2 and are somewhere in F3, you'll be able to start.

Nice to see that Movement has no prerequisite. I do wonder what the content will be like. Also, if we have a 2-min freestanding handstand by the end of H1, what the hell will we be able to do by the end of H3 ?! I'd assume OAHS, but that's not necessarily a focus of gymnastics, or ring handstands, but I guess that will be covered in the Rings series.

It's nice to have a preview but my curiosity... Argh! I want to see the progressions, but I also totally understand why you don't want to release these products right now, Coach. Still a long road to the end of F1 anyway.

• Upvote 2

Connor Davies

The GB University curriculum;

Note:  ALL of the following courses have already been photographed and filmed except for R4 and the second half of H3.  Now all of you need to work harder and master Foundation so that I feel comfortable releasing the new courses.  Note that I said 'master', not sloppily rush through.

And NO, I am not going to share course specifics; except with GB Seminar attendees (as has been the case for the last 18 months or so).

Also be aware that I am a LONG time US Jr National Team Coach with very high standards and the following course prerequisites and corequisites will be strictly enforced.  For example, if you purchase R2 and have not yet completed the necessary prerequisites (F3, H1, H2, R1) and come onto the private R2 forum requesting assistance because the course is too hard for you and you just can't seem to make any progress; most of the advice you receive will consist of "quit being a dumbass and go back and fix your deficiencies."    :icon_twisted:

Foundation 1; prerequisites = none

corequisite = H1

Foundation 2; prerequisite = F1

corequisites = H1, H2

Foundation 3; prerequisites = F2

corequisites = H1, H2

Foundation 4; prerequisites = F3

corequisites = H1, H2

Handstand 1; prerequisites = none

corequisite = F1

Handstand 2; prerequisites = F1

corequisites = H1, F2

Handstand 3; prerequisite = F3

corequisites = H1, H2

Rings 1; prerequisites = F2

corequisites = F3, H1, H2

Rings 2; prerequisites = F3, H1, H2, R1

corequisite = F4

Rings 3; prerequisites = F4, H1, H2, R2

Rings 4; prerequisites = F4, H1, H2, R3

Movement 1; prerequisites = none

corequisites = F1, F2, F3, H1

Movement 2; prerequisites = F3, M1

corequisites = F4, H1, H2

Movement 3; prerequisites = F4, M2

corequisites = H1, H2

Hungarian; prerequisites = F4, H1, H2, M3

Unlike other conditioning 'programs', all of these courses are completely interconnected.  It fact it may help to think of all of these courses as actually being one large single course (GST) that has been broken down into 15 bite size pieces.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Okay, that's it.  All you other strength and conditioning coaches, you can go home now.

Are you trying to put everyone else out of business!?

• Upvote 5