Dear forum,
I've been extremely lucky in finding such an amazing place where people are so keen in sharing their experience. I am a beginner in gymnastics, you can find a bit more on me in the first topic I opened under Digital Coaching for single-leg FL evaluation (https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/12596-one-leg-fl-evaluation/).
I briefly list what I believe is relevant:
0) I'm 26 y.o., 183cm x ~71kg. I am Italian. Hence, I'm not an English native speaker (hope you don't mind).
1) my background is road cycling, which I practiced throughout my youth until 18 y.o. Following a surgery, I left this sport and got interested in powerlifting.
2) I practiced powerlifting for 5 years and competed from 2008 to 2010. My PRs have been
SQ 190 (at 73.4 BW) IPF rules (2008), Italian nationals. 210 at 78 BW
BP 130 (at 79.2 BW) IPF rules (2009), Bertoletti. 140 during training at 80 BW
DL 215 (at 73.4 BW) IPF rules (2008), Italian nationals. 230 during training at 80BW
Needless to say, natural. My strength has always been the technique, which compensate having a body which is not meant for PL at all.
3) After that, I continued with some more sporadic training until the end of 2012, combining lifting, cycling (especially in summer) and I even started running. During this process, I lost 7-8kg of BW and stepped back to ~70kg. My tendency is to loose weight extremely easily, I am very skinny and has always been like this, sadly.
4) In March, for causes that have not yet been elucidated, I suffered from an epididymis infection, which I treated with antibiotics (two cycles of 2 weeks each). Further analysis excluded more serious consequences/issues. Currently under routine medical examination/next checkup is planned in one month. The doctor suggested me to start swimming, a beneficial aerobic activity for people subjected to this kind of problems (simply, physics works). As a complete newbie, I started learning the crawl and I'm practicing twice a week.
5) At the beginning of May, seeking for alternatives to weight training (SQ and DL generate a lot of tension on soft tissues and hence I have been discouraged in training them heavily), I got interested in BW training and started reading books and references on it. For me, BW training is a completely new and different world, where strength matters but it has to be mastered. I feel much better in doing it compared to weight lifting work, btw. Luckily, I shared this process with a friend of mine that works in sports science. I spent the first 6-8 weeks of training in conditioning and I worked on proper pull ups, push ups, dips (etc) execution form. I focused as well on my general mobility, which was and still is rather poor, and strengthening my core with tons of new (and funny) exercises that while doing powerlifting you completely neglect.
6) In the last 4 weeks, I introduced more specific work and trained generally 5-6 days / week modulating volume and intensity.
Now, I believe it is time to shape my program a bit better and I hope to get some input from you.
My long term goals are:
1) perform a complete, no cheat, pistol squat
2) perform a full ROM glute-ham raise (GHR)
3) hold a full FL for 10"
4) hold a tuck PL for 30"
5) perform a single, arm in, OAP
[i removed the rest of the post, as it could be quite misleading for people. In summary, I proposed here a possible routine and after suggestions from people on the board, I reshaped it entirely to work on the prerequisites first. See next posts]