This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090212

Started by Coach Sommer, February 12, 2009 · 3 Replies · 1,347 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090212.jpg

Perform:

3 x 5 heavy weighted Deck Squats

3 x 5 negative Half GHR

Finish with 3 x 10 Hip Extensions

notes:

1) Add enough weight to the Deck Squats that they are quite challenging for the 5 reps.

2) Perform the negative Half GHR (BtGB, pg 165) as slowly as possible; taking up to 10-20 seconds to descend through the full ROM. If necessary, lightly use your arms to maintain the tempo of the descent.

3) As noted in the essay referenced above, the first set of hip extensions is forward, the second is sideward and the third is circular.

Jason Stein

3x5 weighted Deck Squats @ 60#

3x5 negative Half GHR @ approx. 10sec./ea.

1x10 front hip extensions @ 2.5# on ankles

1x10 side hip extensions @ 2.5# on ankles

1x10 circular hip extensions unweighted

My calves are lumps of quivering jelly.

Circular hip extensions were murder, though I'm curious to see if these will help break a plateau on standing front splits, and will help with front splits in general.

Nobodystopsdblob

3 x 5 heavy weighted Deck Squats 15 lbs

3 x 5 negative Half GHR 10 count hands at 4

Finish with 3 x 10 Hip Extensions

5 each leg each plane

Ok, I was doing the hip extensions wrong. I was going from Front then to the Side and Then the circle and that was 1 rep. I gto five and couldn't take it any more and switched legs. Then I stopped because both legs were gone. I am pretty inflexible too so it is an embarrassing thing to do in a gym. Legs quivering and people around me wondering if I am trying to kick them on purpose.

Blairbob

Hmm, tonight was supposed to be OLAD heavy BS so I used those instead of heavy deck squats because I did this after coaching at the gym ( and we didn't have any small weights though there were those body bars ). I did forget hip extensions so I will do those before going to bed in a few. I did do a bunch of shoulder mobility stuff and I'm going trying to keep doing this because I think it limits me in MU and definitely in my pathetic ring swing. ( stuff like just hanging out in the bottom of the dip on PB, rocking back and forth, slow cuban presses and dip swings ). I did a bunch of press stuff besides some straddle L work that was pathetic.

A bit low on Energy but managed to do well enough.