List of hold times for the exercises in BtGB

Started by Sami Erdogan, August 7, 2013 · 27 Replies · 8,842 Views

Joshua Slocum
Sami Erdogan said:

I admit i'm too narrow focused, because as i said i only have limited time to train per week. But incorporating some elements from foundation could probably work out without neglecting my current training.

 

 

Again, there's no filler in Foundation. If you want to progress to learning moves like an iron cross or full planche, following Foundation programming is the fastest way to get there. It shouldn't take you more than 2-3 hours a week if you're efficient about it. 

Sami Erdogan
Bipocni said:

Actually, I see a lot of threads where people with more advanced skill / strength requirements are asking for and receiving great advice.  It's only when a beginner comes along, and says they are just starting out and/or confused about how to program BtGB that we all jump immediately to recommending F1.

 

Remember, F1-4 is basically BtGB2.  And in this specific instance, it's very applicable.  The main problem people had with BtGB is the same one as OP had, programming.  Which is exactly why Coach created Foundation in the first place.

 

I don't have a problem with programming, because my progress has been good, maybe not the best compared to others on the forum, but nevertheless making progress (that was my key success factor). My original questions was more out of curiosity of when the hold-time of a certain exercises in BtGB would be considered a mastery level. So far i have only seen the mastery times for f1, and since i wasn't doing foundation that was why the question arose.

 

Bipocni said:

Also, to be fair, we did answer Sami Erdogans question...

Some did answer my original question.

 

Joshua Slocum said:

Again, there's no filler in Foundation. If you want to progress to learning moves like an iron cross or full planche, following Foundation programming is the fastest way to get there. It shouldn't take you more than 2-3 hours a week if you're efficient about it. 

Indeed my aim at some point is to arrive at a more advanced level, and this ensuing discussion has given food for though, so I think I will let my ego go and give it a try. My only problem is that i don't have access to a pummel horse or stall bar for some of the exercises in that case what to do?

 

Anyways, I didn't really expect that my original question would spur such a discussion, but it was good to read the different viewpoints, even though i think that the reluctancy to answer an otherwise simple question with regards to the risk of revealing course material, is a downside in this otherwise great forum, especially since that wasn't my intention. 

BMJD
Jon Douglas said:

This week I discovered I have a momentary straddle planche :)

I haven't even touched tuck planche work since F1 came out.

I managed a full planche for a few seconds (2 -3) and I think it was PE2 only and my front lever (PE1) is more consistent now after going through foundation for less than a month, I had been stuck at straddle for almost 2 years and struggled like hell with front lever. I'm honestly happy that I made this investment in foundation.