Band assisted front lever progression

Started by Destiny, August 6, 2013 · 4 Replies · 4,104 Views

Destiny

Does anyone know whether a band assisted full lever static hold would be better or worse than saya band-less scaled down version such as a one leg lever for example? Or what would be the pros and cons of each?

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvHs6kif_Qk

 

Personally I know I would probably still be working on my L-sit today if it weren't for doing band assisted L hangs as they really helped strengthen my quads (or hip flexors?).

ausswe

There is another thread on here talking about this and I think the general consensus was don't use bands but I can't remember too well. Either way like everyone else I'd just recommend foundation but if for what ever reason you don't get it I'd personally focus on using different progressions and maybe occasionally so,e band work to get the feel for e full lever but focus the training progressions. Coach wouldn't constantly be training withy progressions and not bands if it was less effective.

Aadil Siddiqi

Search "Serratus Activation in Planche" and read more about it. Bands only give a feel for the position, but do not challenge the muscles to work to hold the position.

Joshua Slocum

Band-assisted front levers are categorically inferior. Following the unassisted progressions (tuck, adv tuck, straddle, half-lay, full-lay) will work better.