Hello,
I just got my rings yesterday, and I'm designing a new training program around them.
I can do ring dips, ring V-sit, tuck planhce, back lever, one-legged front lever etc but perhaps not some of the more advanced moves. I don't know where to find an entire ring routine for beginners.
Some questions:
How high should the rings be hanging? Right now, I think I could only hang them from a power rack...possibly a high ceiling (about 5-6 meters high, haven't measured it).
Is the workout below enough for my goals? Too many movements? Not specific enough?
For this new cycle, I want to:
Improve planche (hopefully to straddle in 2-3 months)
Weighted ring chin with 50% bw added for 3-5 reps (currently 3 reps with 40% added on normal pull up bar); same for dip
I also want to start training some parkour/free running moves with a friend of mine. That's why I incorporated some plyometric drills in the routine.
My longterm goals are:
Planche
Front lever
Ring handstand push ups
Iron Cross
Here is the routine I put together:
Monday
Power
Split Jerk
clapping (One-arm) push up variations (feet lift-off, pseudo)
Squat jumps
Medicine ball jumps
Tuesday
Strength workout A
Bodyweight leg curl 5*5
Weighted ring dip 5x5
Weighted ring pull-up 5x5
V-Sit up
Thursday
Strength workout B
WORKOUT B
Planche total 60s
Front Lever total 60s
Deadlift 5*5
Pistol 5*5
Friday
Metabolic conditioning
20 mins of
Ring Dips
Ring Chins
Bodyweight squats
Notes and questions:
I can't do the bodyweight leg curl very well, but want to work on it. That's why I added deadlifts to still work the back leg and glute area.
Would it hurt to try to insert training for the iron cross in some of these days? I don't think I can do any challenging variation for it yet...thus it would impact my recovery less (?)
What about sporadically practicing variations of the planche/front lever throughout the day or week? Or should i schedule a workout for them?
Thanks for the input!
Martin