Adding ring training to my bodyweight routine

Started by HappyGorilla, August 1, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,311 Views

HappyGorilla

Hello all! I am very new to this website as well as ring training.

 

Anyway, over the past 4 years I have been lifting weights as well as doing body weight workouts. Over the years, I have wanted to incorporate ring training into my daily workout, but couldn't due to lack of equipment. Recently the gym I go to put up a brand new set of rings for members to use. I am hoping that some of you can give me some ways to include ring training into a calesthenic work out routine. I am very flexible when it comes to the amount of workout days... I will train every day if I have to. My goal is to be able to achieve an iron cross some day (I know it will take a very long time). 

 

 

Ravn

Welcome!

Before commencing ring training, you should do yourself a favour, and work through a number of prerequisite exercises first. The time will be well spent, as doing so will reduce your risk of injury, and lead to better progress in the long run. Search this site for 'prerequisites'.

If you are serious about getting the iron cross I strongly suggest you get the Foundation series. It won't give you the cross in itself, but it will lay the foundation (hence the name) required to commence iron cross training. Attempting to begin iron cross training without being adequately prepared is asking for trouble. You will find additional info about this stickied in the 'Rings' section.

Happy training!

Bipocni

I'm going to second the suggestion to buy Foundation 1.  I can guarantee you won't regret it.