Combining Foundation with H1`?

Started by Tjord Solvang, July 31, 2013 · 14 Replies · 4,659 Views

Tjord Solvang

Hi!

 

I'm seriously considering purchasing the full Foundation pack, it seems like good stuff and I might as well buy everything and save some Money in the long run.

 

I want to know if it's possible to combine F with Handstand1, if it's optimalized for that?

 

I also want to know how many days a week the Foundation plan is meant for? Answering wether it's 3Days a week or 4DAW can't possibly be giving anything away.

 

Thanks in advance!

P5yx

Yes it fits perfectly with H1.

 

you can choose between a 3, 4 and 5 day schedule depending on your current set of time and motivation.

Norbert Marko

Hi there! Welcome to GB!

Yes it is optimized for integrating, the two corses makes a whole together, altough you can do them separately if you want to according to your goals. You can choose a premade plan for foundation with H1 integration and you choose if you want to do it 3, 4 or 5 times a week.
 

Tjord Solvang

Just what I needed to know, thanks!

 

Do you have any inkling as to how much time an average workout might take?

I'm doing killroy70 at the moment With prerequisite statics, so I use about 90minutes. I do it 3xWeek With one push/core/pull/legs exercise in a giant set With 5 mins of rest between each set, 5x5 reps.

Bipocni

The workouts generally take between 20-40 minutes, although mine run to over an hour including handstand one training.

 

The official line on combining them is to work all foundation exercises in the one workout (this is called F7) while training H1 the day after.  I found this too taxing, so I work H1 in the same workout as my push/pull day in F1.

 

Good job working the prerequisites, it should make F1 a little bit easier.

Jon Douglas

90 minutes is about the outside upper limit of my Foundation sessions, on the higher volume weeks.

-MR

Pure foundation (without H1) done as a 4-day split takes me an average of 30 to 40 minutes. You have to be strict about not taking breaks between sets or exercises though, otherwise time adds up fast. H1 can add 10-15 minutes to that, but you can always just do H1 on your rest days as the work is not particularly taxing. 

Jon Douglas
-MR said:

You have to be strict about not taking breaks between sets or exercises though, otherwise time adds up fast.

Yes--- make sure you put time aside for this. If you're at home or in a gym, put your headphones or whatever on and get in your own little world, no chatting on skype or anything in between exercises ^_^

Tjord Solvang

Thanks for the information, great stuff!

 

Does the workout include a warm-up, or do I have to make that up? I'm doing scapula activation, and wrist pushups (5 different) before each workout With jump rope at the moment + the generic joint swings.

crashnburn
-MR said:

Pure foundation (without H1) done as a 4-day split takes me an average of 30 to 40 minutes. You have to be strict about not taking breaks between sets or exercises though, otherwise time adds up fast. H1 can add 10-15 minutes to that, but you can always just do H1 on your rest days as the work is not particularly taxing. 

Do you have any REST gaps/ BREATHING room times between F1 and mobility exercise sets? or Between exercises? 

MvdB

The mobility sets ARE your rest/breathing moments :)

Bipocni

Yeah, mobility work is all the rest you get between sets of a given exercise.  Personally, I like to take a couple minutes in between exercises just to recuperate, make sure I'm hitting it with the intensity it deserves.  Seems to work, as my form feels better every week.

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

Yeah, mobility work is all the rest you get between sets of a given exercise.  Personally, I like to take a couple minutes in between exercises just to recuperate, make sure I'm hitting it with the intensity it deserves.  Seems to work, as my form feels better every week.

No problem between exercises. As long as you structure it to not work too-related muscles after another, I find I don't need more than a swig of water and jump onto the next one.

Bipocni
Charm said:

No problem between exercises. As long as you structure it to not work too-related muscles after another, I find I don't need more than a swig of water and jump onto the next one.

 

Before I got on Foundation I was pretty much working in the 1-5 reps range.  I'm not terribly conditioned.  I am finding I need less rest between exercises every week.

 

As to working related muscles, I jumped a cycle on HBP/PE1 and lost a couple reps on RC/PE1 when I did it after.  So now I'm considering "arms" to be related muscles....

Jon Douglas

Mm, could be, particularly if you're doing PPP with a pause at the top yo exaggerate the lean. I could see that wearing down your biceps/traps over the course of a set.