The best gymnastic body?

Started by Neal Winkler, February 7, 2009 · 51 Replies · 20,251 Views

mata_leao
I never took my shirt off, even at the pool. I was, lets just say, tall skinny and had a protruding midsection.

Minus the midsection you just described me perfectly, although this is changing

I was more wanting to know how this book (and site) has changed current and past users physiques and abilities. Concrete, real & positive experiences are great tools I find very motivating and was hoping that users of the site and book could perhaps share their results of their Personal Best Gymnastic Body.

I have been training consistently for 4 weeks now and I am starting to see a six pack coming in and have had a few people notice strength increases at my jiu-jitsu training. One person commented on my arm size (triceps), and two people noticed I was stronger while I was rolling with them. I'm one of the smallest guys in the gym so the comments made me happy and keep me motivated. The only negative I've seen so far is endurance, since I am only training anaerobic exercises I haven't seen an increase in muscular endurance which would be preferred for jiu-jitsu but I plan on adding this later when I get through a good majority of the progressions in the first book. I believe slizzardman said building the foundation in strength helps the endurance come easier later.

Joshua Naterman

Oh, it does. As long as you aren't pushing yourself to your limits right now, it's ok to do some endurance work. Just not in the same workout as the strength. And just like the strength, it doesn't take that much to increase your endurance. Glad you're seeing results with your rolling, that's where it counts :)