This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Head position in headstand

Started by Bipocni, July 23, 2013 · 4 Replies · 241 Views

Bipocni

I'm not sure if someone has made a thread about this or not, but I'm wondering about the correct position of the head during headstands.

 

In the videos, the athletes seem to be resting on their foreheads, but I've always felt more comfortable resting on the top of my head, rather than the front.

 

Comparing the two, there is definitely a thicker sheet of bone at the front of the skull, which seems to be what they are resting on, but I feel like the extension of the spine may cause undue stress, which could be avoided by the more stable neutral position.

 

So does it matter one way or the other?

Alessandro Mainente

oh sorry man man i've ridden handstand. for the tripod you must draw a triangle where all the borders have the same length.

in this way as the leg move to vertical position the sensation of shifting the weight from hands to head is moderate and gradual

Bipocni

Thank you for your help.

Flameous

I have been switching the head position between sets. I like the neck conditioning from forehead headstand but ave to keep the volume in control. I will stay with headstands for a long time so maybe I will have huge and well protected neck by the end :)