Ey! Introducing myself. (and is F1 for me?)

Started by Villesan, July 23, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,250 Views

Villesan

To start off I'm so...SO grateful for all the info peple put out there so that everyone can learn from each other and grow stronger and smarter in the process! I just found out about GB and have fallen in love with it.

 

I hope to keep this short instead of a wall of text, so let's dive into my world right away.

 

At the age of 22, I'm the typical story. No sports until my 20's which is when I got into weights and wanted to "look better". In a year I came to the conclusion it would never fully satisfy me, and got into Martial Arts. My ego was bruised from having to train with people way better than me and I took a break from that and kept on with some lousy bodybuilding program.

 

Ido Portal is the name that jumped onto my screen at some point last year. The stars and planets aligned and I was able to sign up for one of his workshops in my country. I'm not too religious but that was an omen for sure! Not only that but I read one of his students (Johnny) is also a follower of Coach Sommer, hence why I'm here now.

 

For now I've compiled my workouts from random bits and pieces that I found over the internet. Pulling, pushing, squatting, planche, straddle and handstand work, with some wrist prep and shoulder stretching. Mainly using 5 reps of 3-5 sets with perfect form.

 

As I'm writing I can't perform any dips or pullups without my upper body hurting for hours (overtraining). I know I'm doing the right workouts but my training isn't optimal, so I definitely have to get humble and say it aloud: I need help. And that help is not available in my hometown.

 

 

I've read a lot of good about F1, F2, H1, and BtGB products, but I would love some information about them:

 

Which one should I start with? I would love a complete program that tells me what to do and doesn't give me ANY slack.

Can I work on F1 and F2 (or F1 and H1) simultaneously?

Do they require a lot of equipment?

I heard you guys have a section for workout-progress, how does that work? Can I keep a diary of F1/F2/H1 progress for others to read, post maybe pictures/video?

 

Thank you so much for reading, all the best to you guys!

 

gohei_

Hi there. You should definitely start with F1 cuz it starts right at the very beginning making sure you have a solid foundation to build on. It will tell you exactly what exercises to do, how often to do them and also how many reps/sets to do every week. It can't get any simpler than that  :)

F2 is the continuation of F1 so that will be worked on once F1 is mastered, but H1 can be done at the same time as F1/F2 since it only focuses on the handstand part, which includes wrist prep and getting a perfect handstand line.

There is a section of the forum that will be available once you purchase the courses which have a lot of good information and you can post form checks for others to critique if you'd like.

At the very least you would need a pair of rings, a few weights (plates, dumbbell, or something) and a stall bar will probably be necessary later in the progressions.

Bipocni

Yeah F1 is the starting point.  There's a few progressions before dips, so you'll be well prepared by the time you get there.

 

Apart from everything mentioned above, you'll need some furniture sliders as well.

 

Hope to see you in the F1 forums!