Going to start Statics

Started by Antonio, July 22, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,224 Views

Antonio

I would like to be able to do the full PL, FL etc. but i have read here that before you start anything, you would have to be able to do a 60s floor l-sit.

 

Is this correct? Should i do 0 activity for any other static, and just focus on the l-sit first?

 

I also had another question: is 60s total time for the l-sit for each day that you do it enough? Wouldn't you advance faster if say, you were to do at least 3 minutes each day instead?

 

Thanks.

Flameous

60s L-sit is no way required, but it is extremely useful thing to have. I think mine is only around 40s and I can hold FL for couple of secs.

 

However you should look through the prerequisites thread to see things you actually do want to get proficient at before putting your effort to more advanced positions.

Jono

I think being able to hold a correct L-sit (not necessarily for 60s) on the floor is sufficient. I.e. with fully depressed shoulders (not shrugging/sagging), legs straight/locked and horizontal with the ground.

Joshua Slocum
Antonio said:

I would like to be able to do the full PL, FL etc. but i have read here that before you start anything, you would have to be able to do a 60s floor l-sit.

 

Is this correct? Should i do 0 activity for any other static, and just focus on the l-sit first?

 

I also had another question: is 60s total time for the l-sit for each day that you do it enough? Wouldn't you advance faster if say, you were to do at least 3 minutes each day instead?

 

Thanks.

 

Sort of. You should master the basics before moving on to more advanced moves. See here for a rough outline of what your goals should be. Mastering those elements before beginning dedicated PL and FL training will help you to progress much faster in the long run. 

 

 

Edit: also, consider checking out the Foundation Series. It's an intricately detailed program that builds up from the very basics to the front lever, planche, human flag, and several other very impressive skills. 

m6shifter

I think I agree Joshua, master the basics 1st. If you can start w/F1  Good luck