SO to make a long story short, I have always wanted to do gymnastics as a kid. But life just seemed to get in the way. People will say I am too old, or Im wasting my time and that is ok, they can think that - but they are wrong. I have a dream that i ave had since I was young. I want to make the national team. I am not naive to think that I will represent the US in the Olympics but just to say this - I have wanted this for a very long time and I am going to go as far as this sport will allow me to go. Some people will joke and say - yeah and as far as your body will allow you too. To that, I say, I will go as far as I can take myself and then some. I am just pointing out my positions so I don't have to reply to the hate mail that I have gotten on some other sites (no disrespect to anyone here - just trying to avoid the negativity in my life - so I put this up
)
So onto my goals. I am in Good shape. I use the term good because it is not Great nor Excellent shape. I am looking to start some conditioning to start this journey off. Kind of like training before the training.
My questions are this:
What tips would be best to start off with - any Basic skills that I could work on my own right off the bat?
I have read many different opinions of running IS essential to gymnastics- Your thoughts ?
SO this one is the big part. I don't eat right. Dont get me wrong I try to stay away from the fast food as much as I can but it is very safe to say - I can eat healthier. What can I do to change a diet in a short matter of time? Also - What foods are best for this kind of training that I am about to get into? Again my thoughts are preparing myself mind and body to get myself " in the zone" in all aspects before I even start my training.
ANY and ALL tips and advice you can share with me would be great and appreciative!! If you can share some --- I wish someone would have told me ____ when I first started - THOSE tips would be great too.
A little about me. I am a 30yr old female from South NJ and I ran cross country and track in High School and College. I used to swim every summer when my old house had a pool and I would just do laps and laps. I was told several times that I have " gymnasts legs"
So everyone say hi to the newbie and I look forward to hearing from you all and making friends along the way ![]()