Hi guys !
OK, this is the situation:
There's a tournament this Saturday (July 20) that I want to win.
I've had a tough head and chest cold for the last two weeks. A lot of congestion, headaches, and quite a bit of fever. I feel OK now, but still overall very fatigued and a bit "out of it" still.
I hardly eat at all on the day of the tournament. Even though I'll get some milk protein powder with veggies and rice early in the morning, I lose all my appetite before and during the competition because there is so much waiting. My mouth always gets very dry though, so I usually drink a lot of liquids.
Instead of drinking only water during the tournament, I thought I'd sip powerade or gatorade in the period of competition (about 1100-1600 give or take a half hour).
Questions:
- Which is preferable in my situation? Gatorade or powerade?
- Is protein important during this short period? Should I sip a bit of whey here and there?
- Should I at least try to get a significant amount of fat in my early morning meal? Would that help me sustain my energy into the late afternoon?
Thanks!