This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 vs sPL/PE5

Started by Bipocni, July 14, 2013 · 5 Replies · 337 Views

Bipocni

Surely a decent planche lean would be required before you could perform pseudo planche pushups, so why (if you follow the full cycles for the program) would planche leans come 6 months after you begin planche pushups?

SuperBru

That's a very good point!

B1214N

I think it's because Coach wants you to start building up the pushing strength required in the PPP even though you cannot get the full lean yet and eventually lean more until you get maximum lean with it because just doing planche leans and basic push-ups will not give you the strength to do PPPs.

Aadil Siddiqi

When you make the transition from Pushup to Pseudo Planche Pushup, simply move your hands back a bit each week you train them. You'll finish each week with a more exaggerated Planche Lean at the top of the rep, and a more exaggerated PPP at the bottom. You don't have to go crazy with moving the hands back right when you start with these, just a couple of inches is enough. By the end of the cycle, your hands will have moved back a foot! You'll attempt Mastery with your hands 11 inches further back from your starting point, and you'll have your preparation for the Planche lean done.

I was looking at the progressions for the exercises yesterday and this confused me as well. "How can I do a PPP without a lean?" but then I realised the PPP develops the lean.

Bipocni

Don't get me wrong, I can planche lean for at least a couple seconds.  I can see the logic in training pressing into and out of a planche lean first, to build up strength in the muscles before stressing the biceps tendon as much as you do in a planche lean.  The more I think about it, the cleverer it seems.