Hey everyone I'm 16 years old and am going to be a junior this coming school year. I got into gymnastics a few days before my 16th birthday. I did gymnastics as a kid and believe I was in a recreational class focusing on level 3 skills before I quit. I really enjoy gymnastics and would like to continue doing gymnastics in college. For those who aren't familiar with NAIGC college gymnastics its a national organization of over 100 college gymnastics clubs who compete under level 9 rules. NAIGC is open to anyone so I know I can at least be a part of a club if I choose to. I really want to actually be at the level where I am beneficial to the team rather than just training for fun.
In about 6 months or so here is what I have achieved. My goal is to have 5 solid routines with 10 skills each and have an average of around a B which would be 2.0 D-score not including requirements. I have a little over 2 years to achieve this.
Floor
-RO BHS series with good rebound. honestly probably have enough height for a back layout I just much prefer front tumbling
- FHS with pretty good rebound. My feet land in front of me rather than behind due to not having enough flexibility. My rebound is enough to do a front tuck out of it but I need to be able to get my feet behind me first.
- punch front, punch front half, and a decent punch front full. All in tuck position as I have not learned front layout yet.
- can do L sit, advanced tuck planche, and am progressing quickly with straddle press
Horse
I have mostly fallen behind on horse and for a while I didn't really care to train horse since I hated it. Just now getting full circle on mushroom. Also working decent false scissors.
Rings
- Y swings are just now getting good. Have done inlocates before. Rings are still pretty basic. I am working on the level 5 routine right now.
Vault
I am able to do a decent FHS with block. Started doing FHS front tuck but usually end up tucking on the FHS as well as the front tuck after.
P-Bars
-kip, back uprise, inconsistent swing handstand (sometimes don't make it or have bad form hitting it), now working on moy to upper arm and will probably have it soon.
HB
kip but not nearly as good as pbars, decent baby giant, pretty good caste handstand
So Pretty much I wanted to see if I'm crazy thinking I can go from this very crude foundation to working on level 8 routines in the next 2 years. Willing to work hard and have just recently really started putting more effort into my goal.