A few questions before purchasing F1

Started by mlaen, July 10, 2013 · 10 Replies · 3,439 Views

mlaen

Hi guys,

 

I'm new here and looking to start with gymnastic training (it took me 6 months in gym to realize that it cannot compete with gymnastics :)).

 

I want to buy F1 but before I do I'd like to know what am I exactly getting with it - is that an ebook, online material or it it in some other form?

Another thing - is it just a theory with all the exercises explained or do I also get a training program with it (I'm not sure I should be planning my own program just yet)?

 

Thanks!

FredInChina

It is an online course that gives you (1) a protocol to assess precisely where you are at, and tells you (2) what to do, when, how & how many times (or how long).

 

In short: START HERE, DO THAT! :)

 

No theory, just do the work.

Joshua Slocum

It is an online course. You will gain access to a website that contains instructions, comprehensive programming materials, and high-quality photos and video for every exercise. It tells you which exercises to do, how many of each to do, and when you should do them. 

mlaen

Wow, that was quick response! Thanks a lot!

One more thing - does F1 contains any wrist preparations/conditioning or is that only coveres in H1?

Cory Fair

None of the course content overlaps: Wrists are H1

mlaen

Thanks for the info guys, I bought F1, I'm now getting familiar with the interface...

See you in the forum! :)

Jon Douglas
mlaen said:

Thanks for the info guys, I bought F1, I'm now getting familiar with the interface...

See you in the forum! :)

Welcome aboard!

adimi24

Is the content vastly different than in Building the Gymnastics Body?

FredInChina

If BtGB was the dictionary, Foundation is the grammar :)

With it, maybe you can express yourself intelligibly?

Story & style will come later...
 
or, if you prefer, & to recycle Cory's metaphor:

Cory Fair said:

(...) the Foundation Series is the GST equivalent of piano scales: you have to master them but you aren't going to be much of a pianist if that's all you can do

Cory Fair

Hardly a metaphor :P If I hadn't spent hundreds of hours with Hanon's The Virtuoso Pianist, I wouldn't be doing the level of bodywork I do with Coach's athletes. Patience and dedication pays off, no matter the discipline. 

wheezer

Ahh the beautiful metaphors...