Am I Mad ?

Started by tony1kenobi, July 2, 2013 · 18 Replies · 3,258 Views

tony1kenobi

Hi,

 

I am 51, not very flexible, strong in parts, lower back supposed to be a bit dodgy but taught myself to swim last two years and do 5K easily.

 

Am I mad to consider starting Foundation 1 ?

 

cheers

Tony

lnick1975

Not at all!

Won't hurt ya, probably only help ya.

Bissen

Only in the sense that some of the stuff is close to torture I9V1N8m.png #ABH

 

F1 will benefit for sure!

Mats Trane

Mad? Not at all. I got my wife into F1 she is 46 and has not trained for 20 years. She just finished her first 12 weeks with great results.

LateStarter@46
tony1kenobi said:

Hi,

 

I am 51, not very flexible, strong in parts, lower back supposed to be a bit dodgy but taught myself to swim last two years and do 5K easily.

 

Am I mad to consider starting Foundation 1 ?

 

cheers

Tony

You've answered your own question :-)

...by giving the reasons for doing F1: 51, inflexible, strong, back problems need addressing, and you like being active.

You are not mad for considering it but others will think you mad, don't let that get in the way.

Bon Voyage!

FritsMB

Mad? 

 

I started Gymnastic Strength Training™ (GST) BtGB style three years ago at the age of 69 without any gymnastics background. I got F1, F2 and H1 these last four months and am happy as can be with the programming it gives me. It takes away all the guesswork. And who cares whether you can be considered “mad†to want to start GST training at the age of 51. You will be in good company here on this Forum. It is your physical and mental well being. Just do it, the worst that can happen is that you have to ask for your money back, and I predict that that will not happen.

FredInChina
tony1kenobi said:
(...) Am I mad to consider starting Foundation 1 ?

 

YES!

Welcome aboard! ;):)

Samui

Charles Bukowski: "Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live". Mad or crazy, it is only better, go for it!

LateStarter@46

Notice the global response - what a community! 

Bipocni

To quote the cheshire cat, "We're all mad here."

Joshua Slocum

You're not going to end up competing in the Olympics, but who cares? You can still get in excellent shape, and join the excellent community here. 

 

It's quite possible that you could fail: maybe you'll find you can't finish all of Foundation. Maybe you won't even be able to finish F2. It doesn't really matter. What matters is that you can become a stronger, more flexible, healthier and happier person. 

B1214N

No, you're not mad to consider starting F1. You're mad to feel that your weaknesses will prevent success in F1 when F1 addresses those issues.  :)

Blairbob

Cole is your age but flexible I'd imagine.

tony1kenobi

Thanks very much for the fantastic responses  :)

 

They are very encouraging and positive so I will go ahead and do it  :o

 

Disappointed that I won't make the next Olympics but the one after will will do nicely  :D

 

Thanks Again

 

Tony

Jon Douglas
tony1kenobi said:

Thanks very much for the fantastic responses  :)

 

They are very encouraging and positive so I will go ahead and do it  :o

 

Disappointed that I won't make the next Olympics but the one after will will do nicely  :D

 

Thanks Again

 

Tony

Make sure you keep a copy of this post and write your thoughts and worries down--- check back on them in a year and enjoy a good laugh at your doubts :)

Welcome aboard!

Prometheus

Second Charm's idea~

Art Vandelay

You'll be mad not to. 

 

I may be biased, but I think this is the best type of training you could be doing at your age (well, at any age really). Just don't rush through any of the progressions.

Shia

I think you'll find the older gentlemen that practise gymnastics are SO much healthier, stronger and more supple than your normal person.

DO IT! It benefits you no end! Just pay attention to your body and progress sensibly.

tony1kenobi

Have just registered,

 

Course looks excellent and do-able with time, patience, perseverance and attention to detail :) 

 

Will keep a copy of the post as suggested.

 

Thanks

Tony