Brand New Guy

Started by Morgan Guthner, February 2, 2009 · 1 Replies · 2,466 Views

Morgan Guthner

Hello,

Just getting into gymnastic type training. Traditionally, I train strongman/dinosaur/garage gym types of workouts. I'm 39, 6'3" and 285lbs. Anybody can do this type of training - its easy to be big and strong, but it takes a dedicated person to be strong and fit. Gymnastics is way out of my league, but I've started with some handstand/headstand and some basic ring work (handstands - legs in straps, pull-ups, push-ups, rows and dips. I also spend a lot of time lifting and throwing sandbags and kettlebells. Heres my youtube account if anybody is interested in checking out some videos - http://www.youtube.com/maidenfan2

I just ordered some xtreme rings and was curious if the book, dvd combo would be a good purchase for me?

Chris H Laing

If you have the money, go for it! I wish I could afford the DVD's, but the book is really all you need and I'm doing good with it (hit a straddle back lever yesterday after only two weeks).