The one where he tells me that the GB Seminars are priceless?!?
And then other email where he simultaneously tells someone else that they are not worth a penny?!?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cole Dano, June 27, 2013 · 43 Replies · 171 Views
The one where he tells me that the GB Seminars are priceless?!?
And then other email where he simultaneously tells someone else that they are not worth a penny?!?
Ido's crap is starting to sink down the toilet even with out us flushing.
"I was confided to your loyalty and accepted by your treason; you offer my death to those whom you had promised my life. Do you know who it is you are destroying here? It's yourself"
-Victor Hugo
Keeping a professional angle on the situation only shows how we hold ourselves with integrity.
Coach Sommer said:The one where he tells me that the GB Seminars are priceless?!?
And then other email where he simultaneously tells someone else that they are not worth a penny?!?
That's the one.
He told me the not worth a penny thing. Do you have an email documenting it?
http://idoportal.blogspot.com/2008/05/grand-canyon-coach-sommer-and-misc.html
Saved and screenshotted. I'm working through Johnny's posts to find some gems.
Doesn't Coach have an email where Johnny was asking for advice about his wrists?
Orench Lagman said:Ido's crap is starting to sink down the toilet even with out us flushing.
"I was confided to your loyalty and accepted by your treason; you offer my death to those whom you had promised my life. Do you know who it is you are destroying here? It's yourself"
-Victor Hugo
Keeping a professional angle on the situation only shows how we hold ourselves with integrity.
I agree on the professional part. But currently Ido keeps popping up, and we are unable to say anything.
IMO it's time we make public that Coach has removed Ido from having anything to do with GB and for good reason.
We will go on the offensive but in a way that saves Coach's and the GB community's integrity. I'm thinking more like a hired assassin.
Orench,
Is the tone of my post reasonable? I want to be professional, however I also want to make it clear to everyone that I am tired of taking Ido's sh*t.
Johnny's complete training log. Looks like he took down his old blog. He's also commented extensively through WOD threads with some of his own videos showing him doing the WOD.
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/197-johnnys-training-log/
Coach -
Orench and I just had a conversation over the phone on this. And he raises a good point.
Calling Ido names is not going to be good for your public image, as you are regarded having the utmost integrity.
A better tact would be to simply make public that
"Ido Portal is no longer welcome at Gymnastic Bodies as a consequence of his unprofessional behaviour."
As much as it would make me happy to have you call Ido names, your reputation is far more valuable than a play at taking Ido down.
As Orench just said, and I have before, Ido will hang himself.
Thankfully Orench has been far enough removed from the situation to see things a bit more objectively than I.
This in the future gives us clear recourse when Ido comes up, without harming the GB image of professionalism.
That's a good response. Very in line with Coach's forum style and very professional.
Here is a newly edited version:
"Ido is a long time former student of mine.
Most of his Gymnastic Strength Training™, he learned directly from me; either thru correspondence, my hundreds of articles, personal visits with me, observing my students' training or thru attending my seminars. However Ido is no longer welcome at Gymnastic Bodies as a consequence of his unprofessional behaviour."
Or Orench, do you feel that it is best for me to not get publically involved and to let the "Ido's Big Head" campaign attend to this?
Or an edited down further.
"While Ido is a former student of mine, due to his unprofessional behavior he is no longer welcome at Gymnastic Bodies"
Has acknowledgement and a reason with no digs or inflammatory remarks.
Orench and I came to the consensus that a professionally worded, non-personal message from you stating that Ido is no longer part of GB would not cause any negative backlash. We do need to make that much known.
The other option being have another member act as a hatchet man -
"What I hear is that Ido was a complete ass to Coach and he got the boot"
Personally, this being a reoccurring issue, I think it best if an official member of the GB Body make a statement. However it needn't be Coach.
Even bringing the student bit in right now feels excessive, I would want to limit it to something along the lines of my original quote.
I agree with Cole 100%
If we can get the word out with out harming Coach's rep would be ideal.
Coach you don't have to go down to his level. There are enough snap shots and forum links to expose him. Let the GB community hang him.
So maybe all that's left to decide is should Coach make the statement or another member of the team?
Something like? -
It seems most logical to me for Coach to make that statement.
Re-edited:
Unfortunately while Ido is a long time former student of mine (via correspondence, observing my athletes' training, attending my seminars etc); due to his subsequent unprofessional behavior he is no longer welcome at Gymnastic Bodies.
Change is ->was . Much cleaner, we'll see how it goes over.
That reads very well Coach, it's good it's out there now, but still said with a touch of class.